Main Menu

Drunken Nonsense

Started by richerthanyou, 04 April, 2016, 09:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

richerthanyou

As some of you may be aware, I have wisdom teeth that need removing. But I can't afford it until the end of the week. The paracetamol I've been taking for the last 5 days isn't working as well any more. So it's time for something a bit stronger. So....even though I don't drink any more....desperate times call for desperate measures. So I've just gone and got a bottle of absinthe. Suffice to say I should be rather sloshed very shortly. So rather than spam the rest of the board, I will en devour to keep my drunken ramblings located within this thread. Wish me luck!
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

Dandontdare

Absinthe before 8:30 in the morning? That's the very definition of decadence. I hope you're wearing a  smoking jacket and monocle.

richerthanyou

nope im wearing boxer shorts. although it is 10:01pm here. although it is monday night. im pretty sure its bad to be drunk on a monday night.. well this drunk anwyay. oh boyl. well a quater bottle of 85% absinthe and im toast. literally. i cant evn walk. looks like making this thread was a brilliant idea by sober me. boys an girls, i have scientificllay proven that if you have wisom teeth pain, drink this stuff and it will make the pain disapppear! as if by magic!!!

it works. serously. i am so drunk. ha ha ha. i love you guys. goodnight.
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

Professor Bear

If my memories of absinthe (which are unsurprisingly few in number) hold true, you will shortly need those painkillers more than ever.

JamesC

I once got drunk on something similar to absinthe. It was in Budapest and they call it Unicum.
I had a numb tip of the tongue for a week afterwards - I was genuinely getting quite worried about it.

Tjm86

That has to be the singularly most disturbing name for a drink ever.

Grugz

never had absinthe or unicorncum i'll stick to bourbon and scotch
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Proudhuff

Quote from: richerthanyou on 04 April, 2016, 11:03:30 AM
nope im wearing boxer shorts. although it is 10:01pm here. although it is monday night. im pretty sure its bad to be drunk on a monday night.. well this drunk anwyay. oh boyl. well a quater bottle of 85% absinthe and im toast. literally. i cant evn walk. looks like making this thread was a brilliant idea by sober me. boys an girls, i have scientificllay proven that if you have wisom teeth pain, drink this stuff and it will make the pain disapppear! as if by magic!!!

it works. serously. i am so drunk. ha ha ha. i love you guys. goodnight.

That is going to be one bastard of a hangover...Good luck! you'll need it.
DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

Quote from: JamesC on 04 April, 2016, 01:23:55 PM
It was in Budapest and they call it Unicum.

While I might have stopped drinking much at all any more I'm still childishly able to giggle almost uncontrollably, as if drunk, simply by reading the name Unicum...

... no I'm not proud but come on...

CrazyFoxMachine

I had two Wisdom teeth out last Friday and it was quite harrowing. Seriously though, for the pain Ibuprofen liquid capsules did it for me.

THE LIQUID WAS ABSINTHE

*it wasn't

The Enigmatic Dr X

I'm pretty sure that the absinthe will dull the pain of the wisdom teeth, by making your head hurt ten times worse.

I watched the film of Fever Pitch while drinking absinthe and while I cannot recall a single scene, I have the overwhelming and unnerving feeling that it is one of the funniest films ever made.
Lock up your spoons!

I, Cosh

Drinking Absinthe in Oblomov on Great Western Road on my pal's birthday is the only time I've ever experienced that Billy Connolly thing of feeling perfectly fine then standing up to go to the bog and discovering my legs were drunk.
We never really die.

Satanist

The first time I drank absinthe I proposed to my current wife. This is true.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Dandontdare

Quote from: Satanist on 06 April, 2016, 11:39:31 AM
The first time I drank absinthe I proposed to my current wife. This is true.

Well they do say that Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder  :)

Hawkmumbler

Yeah, had some of that Unicum stuff in Budapest a few weeks back. It was....well, to be completely frank, VILE but eh, I was so passed pissed I got through 5 shot goasses of the stuff before proceading to break my beer mug, my FREE COMMEMORATIVE BUDAPEST BEER FEST MUG I might add, by tripping over someone who looked like a portly Billy Idol.

Budapest is a weird place, guys.