Main Menu

Drunken Nonsense

Started by richerthanyou, 04 April, 2016, 09:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: Dandontdare on 06 April, 2016, 11:58:22 AM
Quote from: Satanist on 06 April, 2016, 11:39:31 AM
The first time I drank absinthe I proposed to my current wife. This is true.

Well they do say that Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder  :)

You utter dastard.

Yeah, Budapest is weird, and Unicum is like someone decided Buckfast urgently needed to be distilled into something worse (or as my wife put it, if you're going to put something with that name in your mouth, at least the Uni- variety includes the necessary alcohol). But the baths are beyond arsom.

And other than one night in Co Clare last year, a weekend in Budapest 7 years ago was the only time we have escaped from the kids since we were married, so it has a special place in my heart.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Tordelback on 06 April, 2016, 01:06:56 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 06 April, 2016, 11:58:22 AM
Quote from: Satanist on 06 April, 2016, 11:39:31 AM
The first time I drank absinthe I proposed to my current wife. This is true.

Well they do say that Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder  :)

You utter dastard.

:lol: I was trying to think of a way to shoehorn that pun in - Big thanks to Satanist for giving me a perfect set-up!

Satanist

You are welcome sir!  :P

I should also clarify that the current wife didnt hold me to my drunken proposal (shes nice like that) so I waited till I sobered up then asked for reals.

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

judda fett

I remember being bought B52 shots on one particularly rowdy night out (I think they were B52's at least)? I discovered during the course of the evening that a constituent part of a B52 is Absinthe. That was the second time in my life I succumbed to drink induced blackouts, waking up unable to recall large parts of the previous evening.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Satanist on 06 April, 2016, 01:39:23 PM
You are welcome sir!  :P

I should also clarify that the current wife didnt hold me to my drunken proposal (shes nice like that) so I waited till I sobered up then asked for reals.

I like the way you say "current". Like you are on the lookout for the next ex-Mrs Satanist.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Satanist

The future Mrs Satanist is Salma Hayek. The current Mrs Satanist is well aware of this proposal and seems ok with its actual liklihood.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Satanist on 06 April, 2016, 05:52:46 PM
The future Mrs Satanist is Salma Hayek. The current Mrs Satanist is well aware of this proposal and seems ok with its actual liklihood.
I...I thought I was the future Mrs. Satanist?! I THOUGHT WE HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL???!!!

Satanist

Alas my dear Hawkmumbler it cannot be for my heart belongs to another but we'll always have that incredible weekend in Skegness.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Satanist on 07 April, 2016, 09:36:49 AM
Alas my dear Hawkmumbler it cannot be for my heart belongs to another but we'll always have that incredible weekend in Skegness.
'Sniff' I will always remember those wonderful times, I bought this special mug to remember you buy, Satanist, my other "special mug".

Colin YNWA

Hold on you lot, stop pretending I'm the only one still giggling at Unicum by pretending to talk about something else.

Arrhhh Unicum.

Tehehehehehehe hehe he

Hawkmumbler

You know, I've never noticed I had my message request function on FB messenger switched on, only just noticed I got messages from a Steev Thulin from 2014?! A local forummite but forgive me I can't remember which one of you lot the chap in question is!!!

Spikes

I think that's smallbluething, but I may be wrong...

CrazyFoxMachine

Mardroid

I didn't think I liked whisky but I had a small cup of stuff at a birthday party yesterday (I believe it had the initials 'JW'. Comes in gold coloured bottles*) and found it so moreish that I had a second cup.

Strong but smooth and quite sweet. I felt rather tipsy afterwards, although the whisky succeeded a couple of cups of red wine. The other guys were drinking it diluted with coke. I drank both glasses neat. What does that say about me? (I didn't drink any more than the two partially filled cups, so the answer is probably: "not a lot".)

*While she does like the taste, my friend told me she bought it because she likes the gold bottles. I asked if she displays them as ornaments then**, and she replied she just kept them in a kitchen cupboard. That puzzled me a bit. Does she just like taking them out and looking at them then? Women eh? Says the guy who collects 2000ad action figures and model Star-Trek starships.

**A question I could have answered myself since the only bottle on display was the one we were pouring from. In my defence I was tipsy and she had moved stuff about a bit for her party.

Dandontdare

That sounds like Johnny Walker Gold Label Reserve - I was given a bottle of that by my workmates for my last birthday and it is a very nice whisky indeed, very smooth. I think Selfridges stock it.

The golden square bottles are far too nice to throw away, so I kept mine - it's on the same shelf as my 2000ad action figures and Star Trek spaceships!

But why on earth were you drinking wine and whisky out of a cup?