Main Menu

Can You.....

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 08 April, 2016, 01:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Guess which film I am watching here?

On the telly, while I'm eating my damper on the poof & you can see the books I've been talking about on the bottom right of this picture next to the boxed Fire-Extinguisher. Above in pile of things is a box. A game box, A old computer game from the early 90's.

Can you guess what that one is?

Mattofthespurs

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Hawkmumbler

ThryllSeekyr

Big Hint....two hints....Billy Connolly is in this!

This film was made over ten years earlier.

Mattofthespurs

ThryllSeekyr

The movie was a little later than that, it was made since year 2000!

It was showing at a time when I noticed the novelisation on the shelves & purchased it.

You could compare it to Slaine & how he went about his business post Horn-God. Watching this film yesterday, I compare the physical discombobulations suffered by the certain identities who overused or  misused device for getting there & back.

Kind of like why Slaine is Warped because of that problem they have from doing that very thing that Slaine had been summoned...sent to do so many times.....

Grugz

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

ThryllSeekyr

Wrong again!

It starred another Scottish actor who a lot people here thing might make a great Slaine. In the film itself, he did appear to be bit like him as well. He may be a bit too old for that role now, though.

TordelBack

Aha, Timeline!  Knowing your taste in semi-naked ancient warriors helps.

ThryllSeekyr

Spot-On Tordal! & I was figuring the others were mis-guessing on purpose...

With a budget of only 80 million, I wonder how it might have faired with a twice or three times that amount.

There were some parts that I felt even the use of the camera had failed when they were trying to show man returning from the past while running through the forest being chased by a knight who had just cut slashed at his mid section & he was also shown to be running along some road in the American west. Possibly Nevada, Well, trying to run before almost being hit by a car & then just collapsing when he had fully crossed over to the present day. 

They took him to hospital, but could saves him because his because internal organs had ruptured from the miscalculated or misused time-jump.

Then there was bit where the they were all being sent back to the time period. The visual effects used to show them being hammered by radiation or what ever, before being shrunk down (In order to fall out of phase with the current time event !) seems like where they were forced to make do with lack of better effects & then they all appear to be falling to their knees which reminded me of the Wicked-Witch (What was her name?) from Wizard of Oz after having bucket of water poured over her head. In that film. It seemed okay, but in Time-Line. I think it was another reason why it only made not even half of budget spent on the film.

Then the castle they could only afford to use was some Tudor mansion. Nothing really grand about it or maybe I'm wrong & that's how it should be. I was just, though that part in the film when they first see it was a bit meh.

Some of the fighting, how it was choreography seemed more real with revelation of the awkwardness wearing cumbersome armour & carrying heavy weaponry while stalking, or being stalked or riding on horse back. You got to hand to those Knights they must have been super humans to put up with that with that physical stress. I like that way the British or Roman king or commander spun around on his heels slowly & then delivered the hand signal to one of his henchman to stab at thee. One of the people who travelled back time to this day (When the French knights attack & burn the whole place to the ground!)  A French guy, who being mostly a scholar from our time wasn't prepared for this impulsive switch in attitude as he was stabbed right in the guts by a forward lunge of his lackey's longsword. His full weight behind that blow, because they knew he wasn't expecting that.  It might have been because he also a French men or knew their language or that he just wasn't standing in the right place at the right time.  off enough, I found that shocking that you meet somebody for the first time & they just killed you when they've noticed you let down you guard. It's the kind of thing that makes any social situation stressful for me. Yet, this is a in another time in the past & a people get kill each other with more impunity....& this was during a time of war. They're way of saying get hard or go home or to the grave!

Meanwhile.....Billy Connelly is found sleeping soundly in some forgotten barn...out of luck...well at least this one is more on the ball when he recognised his rescuers. No time for slackers here, death is only everywhere, but persistently testing them.

Earlier, on after they got separated & Gerard Butler is wandering around in this dark-age long coat that reminds of my Dri-Aza-Bone except it looks more like it hand made without the help modern machinery. Although one piece of clothing still make him appear not so anchored to the time he had been sent back to. With a physique built for strenuous exercise, athletics, the rugged face, the neck length tasselled hair, all hinted at early Slaine & this is perhaps the closest this actor had got to looking him. His accidental encounter with a young French woman after while finding the only hiding spot near stream alluding to Slaine's many secret entanglements with Niamh. Not that they seemed t have time to do anything but introduce each other. 

Then later on he's stalking the castle halls with bow in hand just like he was Lord of Misrule the lord  of Greenwood.....

I'm off to bed now!