Main Menu

Any May Day recommendations?

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 17 April, 2016, 03:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Since we don't do a lot over here for May Day, I might head over the water to Brit-Cit and environs for May Day.  Can anyone recommend anything traditional and fun?  Right now it's looking like either the celebrations at the giant with the big willy, or the Padstow Obby Oss thingy.  Thanks!

[spoiler]And it's not because I'm unhealthily obsessed with the Wicker Man.  Honest.[/spoiler]
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

IAMTHESYSTEM

I can safely say you're better off staying in a bunker under the sea than having to endure Morris dancing. Why not save yourself some money and simply phone some friends, hit each other with sticks while dancing around in silly hats and then fall over having become to drunk to continue. There's always the May Queen- but the Police said they'd press charges if I dressed up as her again.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 17 April, 2016, 04:31:53 PMWhy not save yourself some money and simply phone some friends, hit each other with sticks while dancing around in silly hats and then fall over having become to drunk to continue.

Well, to be honest I was looking for something different from my normal weekends.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Timothy

Coiners fell race from Mytholmrord up to Stoodley Pike and back. What could possibly go wrong?

maryanddavid

A May Day tradition that still does the rounds is putting Mayflowers  (Marsh Marigold) on the front doorstep of neighbours doors for good luck.