Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

I've just heard the same Bible quote twice, from two completely different sources, in one day...

Revelation 6:12-13: "(12) I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, (13) and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind."

Eek...

It's just a coincidence. It's just a coincidence. It's just a coincidence. It's just a coincidence...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 26 August, 2016, 06:10:13 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 26 August, 2016, 03:10:05 PM
You know what gets my gears grinding? people posting in the wrong thread! ... and er...
Is it possible to post to the wrong thread if the thread posted to is threadjacking?
This can be the kōan of 2000AD.

Hawkmumbler

Well Manchester Pride has been one of the most delightful, wonderful and happy experiences of my life. So many wonderful people willing to help me out and give advice on my first Pride and even bumped into a few friends from years past i'd long lost touch with. I shall be going again and will deffinetly have to look at going to other across the country, such a blast. :D

sheridan

Quote from: darnmarr on 03 July, 2012, 12:58:56 AM
I've been reading comics since the Bayeux tapestry.
Well, I've been reading comics since Trajan's Column (I flunked hieroglyphs).

sheridan

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 28 August, 2016, 05:02:03 PM
Well Manchester Pride has been one of the most delightful, wonderful and happy experiences of my life. So many wonderful people willing to help me out and give advice on my first Pride and even bumped into a few friends from years past i'd long lost touch with. I shall be going again and will deffinetly have to look at going to other across the country, such a blast. :D
Glad you had a good time - I have a work colleague who's been to the New York, London and Brighton ones (though I think the only two she did in the same year were London and Brighton).

Frank

John Wagner turned 67 today. Many happy returns.

sheridan

Quote from: Frank on 28 August, 2016, 05:56:52 PM

John Wagner turned 67 today. Many happy returns.
Younger than Dredd then.

Well, plus 122 years.

Dark Jimbo

Channel-hopping at lunchtime and former Tharg David Bishop turns up on a BBC2 quiz!
@jamesfeistdraws

I, Cosh

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 02 September, 2016, 01:40:31 PM
Channel-hopping at lunchtime and former Tharg David Bishop turns up on a BBC2 quiz!
If you keep watching long enough, a certain Letters obsessed boarder will turn up on the same programme...
We never really die.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: The Cosh on 02 September, 2016, 01:56:04 PM
Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 02 September, 2016, 01:40:31 PM
If you keep watching long enough, a certain Letters obsessed boarder will turn up on the same programme...
Jeez Buttmans really going up in the world...

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 28 August, 2016, 05:02:03 PM

Glad you had such a good time. It really seems to have taken off in here in Dublin over the last few years and long may it last.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Hawkmumbler

Indeed, JBC, long may it continue indeed. In retrospect, only two things somewhat spoiled the mood. One was a bit more general and easily mocked, as a small huddle of sad little religious zealots with banners emblazoned with the usual moronic shit. Luckily they got sick of the laughing and the pointing and the rhetoric so where gone after a bit.

Less pleasant and less easy to avoid was the general bigotry, of a very vocal nature, throughout the rest of the city. Some very despairing remarks and the token hilarious "Why isn't there a STRAIGHT pride?!" almost became a drinking game. Sad, sad little people.

sheridan

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 02 September, 2016, 05:07:48 PM
Less pleasant and less easy to avoid was the general bigotry, of a very vocal nature, throughout the rest of the city. Some very despairing remarks and the token hilarious "Why isn't there a STRAIGHT pride?!" almost became a drinking game. Sad, sad little people.
To which the answer is, there is, every other day of the year...

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 02 September, 2016, 05:07:48 PM
Indeed, JBC, long may it continue indeed. In retrospect, only two things somewhat spoiled the mood. One was a bit more general and easily mocked, as a small huddle of sad little religious zealots with banners emblazoned with the usual moronic shit. Luckily they got sick of the laughing and the pointing and the rhetoric so where gone after a bit.

Far sadder than that; a former work colleague of mine (really, really nice guy) got a terrible kicking in Dublin during the last Pride, leaving him with a permanent dent in his head and what seems to be serious and irreversible brain damage.  It made the papers but I didn't realise it was him till weeks afterwards.

They never apprehended the attackers.  For all the glorious acceptance that has spread throughout this country over the last decade or so, there are obviously a few pockets of knuckle-dragging, shit-thick savages left; and the quicker they die out, the better.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Fuck those 'people'. History will judge them and find them even more contemptible than decent folk do now. I'd be happy to claim that my own kids couldn't even conceive of acting or thinking along those lines, whereas when I was their age to be gay was pretty much the most shameful thing we could imagine.  Pride has played a big part in driving this change home.  Who can feel anything but happy looking at all that colour and joy?