Main Menu

Dredd:Blu Ray review

Started by chuffsteruk, 18 December, 2012, 09:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuffsteruk

http://www.avforums.com/movies/Dredd-3D-review_11138/blu-ray.html

Sounds like they've skimped on the extras.Complaints about the 2D picture quality too  :(

Richmond Clements

chuffsteruk

James Stacey

no 'Spaced' style "Homage-O-Meter"
This makes me sad

radiator

Tbh, I wasn't expecting much in the way of extras, and in any case I rarely bother with extras anyway - don't think I've ever once watched a film with a commentary track.

I imagine that if it does particularly well, they'll put out a special edition with more special features further down the line.

sheldipez

First the farce of no 2D showings and now the BD  :'( It's like they don't want us to watch this in 2D!
Still be picking this up on BD, very sad it's bare bones. Man this a major disapointment.

Keef Monkey

Not that surprised there aren't many extras, what I expected were for the pre-release promo featurettes to be collected. A movie that does this poorly at the box office doesn't really get the same kind of bespoke blu-ray content love.

I'm not too disheartened by the picture review either, he didn't mention anything that I think I'll particularly notice or be bothered by.

The sound review really has be excited though, as the sound design in the movie is tremendous so to have it done justice really has me tempted to watch it at neighbour-irritating volumes when it comes out.

Never wanted to own a movie more in my life I don't think.

Steve Green

Wonder if the US version is the same?

dweezil2

Quote from: sheldipez on 18 December, 2012, 11:55:14 AM
First the farce of no 2D showings and now the BD  :'( It's like they don't want us to watch this in 2D!
Still be picking this up on BD, very sad it's bare bones. Man this a major disapointment.

It's hardly bare bones. It's got 40 minutes of extras.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Steven Sterlacchini

As the cult status builds, perhaps another 'collectors edition' may find some more extras.

In this instance I'm very happy fall for that one.

dracula1

By Grud! those PR moneys have fucked up our fantastic movie big style. Alot of hacked off fans and potential Dredd3D dvd / Bluray customers on social networking sites are pissed off about it not getting a release for Christmas ( . . . and now only skin and bone extra's?!).

Spikes

Nice that Picture and audio are spot on. Thats the main thing. And this disc is getting bought. No two ways about it.

But as so little has been produced for Dredd (making of books etc) for us to pour over, a decent set of extras would have been the icing on the cake.
Shame were seeming to be getting some bog standard EPK bobbins. I imagine the stuff on You-Tube will be better. Not fussed about a commentary, though one would have been nice. As well as an extensive stills gallery.
EIV are a bit Poundshop at times. And i really cant see this film getting a second 'Special Edition' release.

I guess they had the full and complete DVD/Blu-Ray to review? Sometimes stuff gets held back...

We shall see, i guess.

James Stacey

Tbh as long as the transfer is good I'm happy. I even brought a 3d tv in readiness.

Steve Green

Quote from: dracula1 on 18 December, 2012, 06:06:29 PM
By Grud! those PR moneys have fucked up our fantastic movie big style. Alot of hacked off fans and potential Dredd3D dvd / Bluray customers on social networking sites are pissed off about it not getting a release for Christmas ( . . . and now only skin and bone extra's?!).

That will be the PR Monkeys that set up a screening of the film for a whole load of fans, go the star and director to introduce it, and got Carlos and John Wagner along to said screening?

Considering Dredd didn't do the business theatrically, I totally understand why the disc isn't chock full of extras.

A comentary and more extensive extras on a second dics would have been nice, but lay the blame at the door of those who didn't go to see it - EIV aren't a charity, they're a business.

Christmas is just some arbitrary date hijacked to sell more shit, does it really matter that you get it a month later?

radiator

It's also worth noting that we have previously been told that the extras were all locked down before the film was even released, so I doubt the film's box office takings influenced the decisions.