Main Menu

Dredd:Blu Ray review

Started by chuffsteruk, 18 December, 2012, 09:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: chuffsteruk on 06 January, 2013, 12:17:33 PM
OH JOY OF JOYS!!!

My wonderful Wife is treating me to a brand new 3D tv, which I'll get in time for the Blu Ray release!! :)

Sweet!  As well as Dredd, get Brave, Hugo, and A Turtle's Tale. They really show off what a 3D telly can do, and are damned entertaining too!

Hawkmumbler

I'd rather wipe my bum with sand paper than watch A Turtle Tale again! Prop's to Brave and Hugo though!

chuffsteruk

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 06 January, 2013, 04:07:02 PM
I'd rather wipe my bum with sand paper than watch A Turtle Tale again! Prop's to Brave and Hugo though!

A Turtle's Head, perhaps?  :D

Will investigate the other two!

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: chuffsteruk on 06 January, 2013, 04:51:19 PM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 06 January, 2013, 04:07:02 PM

A Turtle's Head, perhaps?  :D

Will investigate the other two!

DO NOT GET Shark Night 3D or Underworld Awakening. Dreadful films and appalling 3D on both. 

Re Turtles Tale, if you can pick it up for under a tenner, do so - it's worth it to show off some of the best 3D I've ever seen, even if you do find the story tawdry and dull.

Seriously, 3D is my big thing. I'm a huge advocate of it, and my place is full of 3D niknaks stretching back 30 years. Trust me on this - A Turtles Tale is a massive showcase for what the medium is capable of.

I'm hoping Dredd 3D will be as well. I'm organising a Dredd night with mates of mine who haven't seen the film yet. I'm praying the 3D is as good, if not better, than it was in the cinema. So far I have been seriously impressed with this 3D TV I got - very little ghosting or double images, a lovely crisp picture, and amazing depth for a passive system. It should be perfect for looking down a 200 storey drop!!!  :D

chuffsteruk

Goaty

Only one film which I thought was so beautiful in 3D before Dredd, was Avatar... too bad there no Avatar 3D Blu-Ray yet!

AND I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT FOR DREDD 3D!

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Goaty on 06 January, 2013, 05:36:48 PM
Only one film which I thought was so beautiful in 3D before Dredd, was Avatar... too bad there no Avatar 3D Blu-Ray yet!

AND I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT FOR DREDD 3D!

There is an Avatar 3D Blu-ray. It came with my Blu-ray player as a special offer - had to send off for it, so waiting eagerly to see how good the 3D is on it.  I've seen it retail at £20, so it's definitely on the shelves.

shaolin_monkey

Spikes

Yeah, its been out a while hasnt it. Anyway the usual places Play.com etc have it in stock.

radiator

I believe Avatar 3D was exclusively bundled with a certain manufacturer's BD players for a time. It's out now to buy everywhere again though.

JOE SOAP

MR. ELIMINATOR

That is nuts! I wonder how many sales it's got so far.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 06 January, 2013, 11:36:09 PM
That is nuts! I wonder how many sales it's got so far.

Enough to say that Americans get Dredd.

MR. ELIMINATOR

I think a lot of people must be buying it without having seen it yet though, considering the poor box office. The reviews and positive buzz must have finally sunk in.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 06 January, 2013, 11:42:59 PM
I think a lot of people must be buying it without having seen it yet though, considering the poor box office. The reviews and positive buzz must have finally sunk in.

Or after downloading it.