Main Menu

Dredd in the latest Viz

Started by jrdd, 18 April, 2017, 10:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrdd

Well... not quite true, but the new Viz just dropped through the door today (along with 2000AD and the Meg!) and it has a great double-page strip called 'Nudge Dredd' with "Dredd" patrolling Rhyll's seafront amusement arcade, protecting the fruit machines and dispensing justice to the local pesky kids.

You can check it out in the May 2017 issue (#265), in the shop's Thursday I believe.

Enjoy!

Dash Decent

Well, Dredd is licenced to Rhyl.

(At least according to Dylan Thomas's "Under Meg One", bach!)
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

James Stacey

The most surprising part of this story to me is that Viz is still going

CalHab

Quote from: James Stacey on 20 April, 2017, 02:05:52 PM
The most surprising part of this story to me is that Viz is still going

It is, to quote their tag-line, "not as funny as it used to be". It still makes me laugh, though. Buying a copy in the railway station also comes with the added benefit that nobody will sit beside you.

Dash Decent

If you don't want anyone to sit beside you on the train, just put a couple of sheets of toilet paper on the next seat, or sit there with a long length of string hanging out your mouth.

...so I'm told.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Dash Decent on 21 April, 2017, 02:00:53 PM
If you don't want anyone to sit beside you on the train, just put a couple of sheets of toilet paper on the next seat, or sit there with a long length of string hanging out your mouth.

...so I'm told.

Best advice I ever heard for keeping a double seat all to yourself on a train: whenever someone comes into the carriage at a station, look invitingly at them and pat the seat next to you.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.