Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Every Empire Falls

Started by Bat King, 05 February, 2017, 10:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bat King

[url-https://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/2017/02/05/judge-dredd-every-empire-falls-spoiler-free-preview-including-5-pages/]My spoiler free Preview[/url] of this book is on my blog now,

Previews are of course light in substance as I can't really discuss the plot much at all. Most of you will have read these stories,

This is my first Preview in a while. Feels good to have one under my belt.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Tony Angelino

How come this trade didn't get highlighted on the main 2000AD website page?

I also would have bought a bookplate of this with a Tom Foster print.

abelardsnazz

John Wagner certainly left a lot for the other Dredd writers to deal with following Chaos Day, making a few changes necessary to the already rug-pulling Trifecta, followed by further damage to the city in Enceladus. Here, Michael Carroll has thought out the implications for the toughest lawman of them all and his city on a global scale, and it's fascinating to see other cities which may have been depicted in parallel stories in the past having a direct influence on events in the main strip.

It's all good, I think my favourite part was Lion's Den, PJ Holden giving a great depiction of Brit-Cit, including a welcome appearance for Armitage ahead of an imminent first volume of reprints in the Mega Collection.

Great stuff.

Tony Angelino

Recently ordered the trade for this and am halfway through it.

I have to say Rebellion's trades really are quality items. I bought this one and the recent "The Order" one and you do feel like you are getting something that a lot of care has been put in to. Obviously there is the story and art but even the type of paper and the matte covers really help.

Dash Decent

I'm enjoying this one but was annoyed the introduction by the author tipped off that Dredd was going to be in an apparently-fatal-but-not-really situation.  Of course, I would never have believed Dredd had been killed off had I come to those moments in the story cold, but it pulled me out of the stories as I was self-consciously waiting for it to happen. 
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Proudhuff

I have this on my bedside and looking forward to reading it in as much of a oner as I can.
Yeah, these TPB are the best way to read these BIG stories....
DDT did a job on me

Bolt-01

Richard

It could have been worse, Dash. One of the old Judge Child collections have away the ending in the introduction.

Dash Decent

It's so annoying - it spoils your enjoyment and it's totally unnecessary.

One of the Strontium Dog novels - possibly A Fist Full of Strontium - does something similar.  [spoiler]It gives away that the rich man being so nice to them is actually a baddie, so instead of it being the table-turning narrative "wham!" the author obviously intended, I read the first part of the book with one sceptical eye on the character, not believing anything he said or did knowing he was going to kick the legs out from under our heroes later. [/spoiler]
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Sorry - I probably should've spoilered that.  But in the millisecond between posting and realising, the Modify button disappeared.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll