Main Menu

Prog 1811 Moonshot!

Started by oshii, 24 November, 2012, 10:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oshii

Cover - wraparound from D'Israeli.  Cover of the year so far in my book.

A clearing of the decks for prog 2013 in a stunning way.   To say I'm already looking forward to 1812 is an understatement.  You know somethings going right when you find yourself cheering the next prog boxes on the Dredd world strips.

ABC Warriors and Brass Sun wrap up.  Have really enjoyed these.  Best ABC run for ages and Brass Sun has been best new strip for some time.  Ace stuff all round.

Pioneer

Mine didn't turn up, as standard when there's an uber cliffhanger from the previous week.

Sharkbah.

moly

Really good prog so can't wait till next week :)

Jim_Campbell

I have officially run out of superlatives.

There was a run of progs through the 300s when 2000AD was as good as it ever got: McMahon on Slaine; Nemesis BkIII; DR & Quinch; Strontium Dog in semi-permanent residence...

That's how this run from 1800 has made me feel: like I was fifteen again. Congratulations and heart-felt thanks to all involved. Superb work.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

IndigoPrime

Although I genuinely couldn't give a flying crap about ABC Warriors (especially given that [spoiler]the 'mystery' effectively once again turned the entire series into a massive introduction to bring back a character, a device Mills has used again and again and again—ABC Warriors now reminds me of scrolling backgrounds in Scooby Doo[/spoiler]), the Dreddworld stuff was astonishing. Every component of this is going great guns, and it's by far the best Dredd 'crossover'/multithread strip that's run in 2000 AD; at the moment I'm enjoying it as much as any Dredd event to date. That Wagner's nowhere to be seen is in itself both surprising and heartening—not because I want Wagner to hang up his typewriter, but because this finally showcases how other people can 'get' the Dredd universe in a manner similar to Wagner.

There's also some real skill in the cliffhangers. Last week's Dredd had a wow moment; this week's is no different. Low Life also has me each week desperately hoping Dirty Frank will make it to the end, which is no mean feat in what's been quite a comedic strip. And Simping Detective—I've never been a big fan, but this strip (bar DeMarco's reduction) has also been handled very well indeed, providing an essential third support for this excellent adventure.

Oh, and Brass Sun was quite nice too.

Dark Jimbo

Bloody rain! My prog looks like it was salvaged from the wreck of the Titanic.
@jamesfeistdraws

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Pioneer on 24 November, 2012, 11:04:31 AM
Mine didn't turn up, as standard when there's an uber cliffhanger from the previous week.

Sharkbah.

Mine failed to materialise as well.
Would have been a total washout if my copy of Judge Dredd #1 from IDW hadn't arrived but it did.
Fingers crossed for Monday. :'(

Bolt-01

words fail me when it comes to how good this prog was. My excitement for next week is already unbearable as it looks like we may well get a triple header for the whole issue. Tharg is really delivering the goods and I am glad to be here to enjoy the ride.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 24 November, 2012, 03:30:03 PM
words fail me when it comes to how good this prog was. My excitement for next week is already unbearable as it looks like we may well get a triple header for the whole issue. Tharg is really delivering the goods and I am glad to be here to enjoy the ride.

My postie obviously agrees. He was so excited he forgot to put it through my letterbox!
Lock up your spoons!

Trout

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

How am I supposed to wait another week for the end of this? Marks out of 10: one million.

Also, people who do not read 2000AD have my pity.

Fisticuffs

After last weeks late delivery this turned up smack on time. :D

Another stunning prog, really really good stuff from the Dredd world strips, and I can't wait to see it all come together next week. In comparison ABC was boring and kind of went out with a whimper after the shenanigans of weeks past, and I must (sorry!) say that Brass Sun was the same. It started off great yet this past three progs has just devolved into a talking head snooze-fest, with the end of this book being marked by nothing more spectacular than an old bloke talking binary and a [spoiler]mirror mirror on the wall inspired villain[/spoiler].

Must say again though how good the Dredd world strips are, I love all of them and they continue to elicit laughs and shocks in equal measure. :)

Hawkmumbler

ROYAL FAIL YOU UTTER BUNCH OF T*SSERS!
How can I be expected to wait to Monday, or later even, for this much Thrill power? Did you git's not read the prog last week? There's a frikkin' space city heading for MC1!!! GIMME MAH PROG!!! 'Nerd Rage settles'

Trout

Has anyone seen prog credits for next week? Do we get one long strip or three that run together? I cannot fucking wait.

This has me swearing a lot. Fucking hell.

Kerrin

Holy fucking shitballs!! That has to be in the top ten of progs OF ALL TIME.

Vast and thunderous plaudits to all the droids responsible for the Dredd stuff and Greenbonce for letting them run with it. Unbelievably good comicry.

Brass Sun continues to please immensely, (and we've got D'israeli on the next book...Weeeeeee. Not that I don't like Ian's work, I just love Dizzy's).

I didn't swear at ABC worriers.

The cover is AWESOME. It instills me with AWE.

Favourite bit? Too many. Frank running on the Moon is magnificent though.

JUDGE BURNS

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 24 November, 2012, 04:50:39 PM
ROYAL FAIL YOU UTTER BUNCH OF T*SSERS!
How can I be expected to wait to Monday, or later even, for this much Thrill power? Did you git's not read the prog last week? There's a frikkin' space city heading for MC1!!! GIMME MAH PROG!!! 'Nerd Rage settles'

Nae prog here in the south west region of Cal-HAb either.  The first time in MONTHS!!!!  Get yer act together its only a wee biy o' rain you sneckers@royal snail !!