Main Menu

GOTHAM.

Started by strontium71, 12 February, 2014, 08:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Quote from: Dandontdare on 12 March, 2014, 06:45:55 PM
Thomas & Martha Lane,

I did of course mean "Wayne", but I apprecaite nobody pointing it out!

Goaty

Sean Pertwee as Alfred Pennyworth

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: sauchie on 12 March, 2014, 06:21:24 PM
Quote from: dancornwell on 12 March, 2014, 09:19:38 AM
Lots of good looking teenage girls and boys with their teenage problems. Love triangles and all that bullshit.

I can't be the only person who's watched Hollyoaks or One Tree Hill and thought everything would be more interesting if the characters viewer could shoot death rays from their vacant eyes. Time/Warner might have missed the boat there, though - the teen TV market is all scripted reality, like Jersey Shore, these days. What they should do is put the real Batman and Bane in scenarios devised by the production staff, and then let them improvise their own dialogue.

I like Pro Bear's suggestion that Gotham might be like Cop Rock - imagine Gordon's squad of detectives and Tom Wilkinson's mobsters circling each other, clicking their fingers, singing about how great it is to be a cop/hood, and pulling ballet moves instead of actually fighting.

FTFY
Lock up your spoons!

Goaty

Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle

Donal Logue as Detective Harvey Bullock

Robin Lord Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot

Ghastly McNasty

Mardroid

If this is set when Bruce Wayne is a lad... shouldn't Selina Kyle be a little girl, if she appears at all? I guess they're mixing things up a bit.

I actually quite like the look of Cobblepot as a younger man. Can imagine age and weight added and his degradation/transformation to the rogue we know...

TordelBack

Quote from: Mardroid on 31 March, 2014, 02:22:08 AM
I actually quite like the look of Cobblepot as a younger man. Can imagine age and weight added and his degradation/transformation to the rogue we know...

I can't wait for the episode where Brucey and Ossie, best friends since Junior High, fall out over Selina, not realising until it's too late that she's responsible for the daring burglary of Wayne Manor.

Goaty

Oh and Ben McKenzie as Detective James Gordon. (He was good in Southland)

Dash Decent

Quote from: TordelBack on 31 March, 2014, 10:13:03 AM
I can't wait for the episode where Brucey and Ossie, best friends since Junior High, fall out over Selina, not realising until it's too late that she's responsible for the daring burglary of Wayne Manor.

Reminds me of Gotham High: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BjTsjgk3Lg
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Dash Decent on 31 March, 2014, 12:27:05 PM

Or SMALLVILLE.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

TordelBack

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 01 April, 2014, 01:09:15 PM
Quote from: Dash Decent on 31 March, 2014, 12:27:05 PM

Or SMALLVILLE.

Indeed.

All this meanness aside, I have to report a sneaking affection for Arrow.  I don't follow it, but we occasionally dip in for half an episode or so, and it is quite fun (I suspect my wife is mainly hoping to 'accidentally' run into one of the numerous shirtless scenes).  Maybe Gotham can find a path somewhere between the day-glo Dawson's Creek shenanigans of Smallville and the murky warehouses of Arrow or (Grud forbid) the Dark Knight flicks.

But give Gordon a 'tache, please.

Professor Bear

Meanness is a gift for shows like this, TB, as it keeps them trending.

jackstarr

He'll put on the 'tache in the final ever episode in season 7.  :P

Goaty

New trailer, now that looks good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d1zpt6k5OI

And in other news, Fox has officially given a series order for its Batman prequel "Gotham".

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/31971/fox-orders-gotham-to-series

Keef Monkey

Quote from: TordelBack on 01 April, 2014, 01:23:40 PM
All this meanness aside, I have to report a sneaking affection for Arrow.  I don't follow it, but we occasionally dip in for half an episode or so, and it is quite fun (I suspect my wife is mainly hoping to 'accidentally' run into one of the numerous shirtless scenes).  Maybe Gotham can find a path somewhere between the day-glo Dawson's Creek shenanigans of Smallville and the murky warehouses of Arrow or (Grud forbid) the Dark Knight flicks.

I love Arrow, and am unashamed to say so! I saw bits and pieces of it and dismissed it as cheesy nonsense, then was really bored/hungover one day so just put it on Netflix to save me moving, and within a couple of episodes I was totally hooked. The first season finale was fantastic telly entertainment, haven't seen beyond that yet though.

From that I've learnt I should give these things a chance instead of discounting them, so I'll try this despite the trailer not doing much for me.