Main Menu

Blade Runner 2

Started by Goaty, 27 February, 2015, 09:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominic O'Rourke

An aged Ford does not mean that he isn't a replicant with the four year kill switch turned off.
Member No. 10

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Dominic O'Rourke on 20 April, 2015, 09:56:35 AM
An aged Ford does not mean that he isn't a replicant with the four year kill switch turned off.
Those self-ageing robots will be the death of us all.

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

sheridan

Quote from: Bagley on 28 February, 2015, 10:25:34 PM
I watched Soldier (1998) for the first time a few weeks ago, which I was surprised to discover is considered a kind of successor to Blade Runner by writer David Peoples (co-writer of the script for Blade Runner).

Containing several spoken references to Blade Runner, apparently a Spinner vehicle can also be seen amongst the junk on the main setting for the film (I didn't spot it).
Never heard of it, but a few seconds googling (image search) has revealed Russell's character fought on the Shoulder of Orion.

sheridan

The four year kill switch can't be turned off, even if the creator of the replicants / god of biomechanics could save their life by doing so (or at least buy themselves some time).
Ford could play an artificial person built to the same spec but without the kill switch engaged in the first place, a la Bishop.

von Boom

Quote from: sheridan on 19 February, 2016, 08:21:47 PM
I watched Soldier (1998) for the first time a few weeks ago, which I was surprised to discover is considered a kind of successor to Blade Runner by writer David Peoples (co-writer of the script for Blade Runner).

Containing several spoken references to Blade Runner, apparently a Spinner vehicle can also be seen amongst the junk on the main setting for the film (I didn't spot it).
Never heard of it, but a few seconds googling (image search) has revealed Russell's character fought on the Shoulder of Orion.

I've seen Soldier many times and it's pretty good, but that image references Tango & Cash, Escape from New York, The Thing, Stargate, and Blade Runner. So is Soldier a maybe sequel for all these films?

I, Cosh

Quote from: sheridan on 19 February, 2016, 08:24:42 PM
The four year kill switch can't be turned off, even if the creator of the replicants / god of biomechanics could save their life by doing so (or at least buy themselves some time).
Ford could play an artificial person built to the same spec but without the kill switch engaged in the first place, a la Bishop.
Or, indeed, Rachel.

They should make a spinoff about Gaff.
We never really die.

Zenith 666

Quote from: von Boom on 19 February, 2016, 08:48:54 PM

I've seen Soldier many times and it's pretty good, but that image references Tango & Cash, Escape from New York, The Thing, Stargate, and Blade Runner. So is Soldier a maybe sequel for all these films?

There's also references to the battle of Tannhauser gate made during the film.

Spikes

Quote from: von Boom on 19 February, 2016, 08:48:54 PM

And I'm guessing a nod to Aliens with the 'USCM smartgun' reference. (Drake and Vasquez operated these.)
As for the spinner...

CalHab

I see he was also awarded the Plissken patch!

ThryllSeekyr

This doesn't sound like good idea either!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Michael Knight

Im actually looking forward to blade runner 2 more i read about it! Surely better than a remake/reboot?  :)

Goaty

New title fit this film is Blade Runner 2049

Tony Angelino

I don't know about this.

I think the original was the sort of film that didn't need a sequel and wasn't designed for one.