Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

This was the same procedure they went with for the Dredd test run. I tried adding my subs code then and it wouldnt have it

robert_ellis

I remember being sent the first 3 volumes of the Dredd test run and not being charged when I subscribed last time. Really hope this series goes ahead when the MegaCollection ends.

All-Comic.com

I am so in. I've been getting the Mega Collection from day one, all the way to Canada. So I so want more 2000 AD hardcovers!

Michael Knight

I just know I'm going to end up buying this if it gets a national run.
Fair play to Rebellion and all the 2000ad crew. A few years back I subscribed to prog and meg as stockists were getting harder and harder to find. Now we not only have a successful Dredd part work going  strong around the world but the possibility of a 2000ad part work launching as well? Wow I mean truly WOW!
Can we dream of a Dredd/2000ad character figurine collection too?
Please Tharg the mighty! Make it happen!

opaque

Quote from: Dash Decent on 05 March, 2017, 06:04:52 AM
I would assume the "major" series are going to get a sampler approach, so they dont overlap with the Rebellion reprints and may even encourage crossover sales of the Rebellion line

I hope so, but my feeling about the JD mega collection is that it has largely reprinted a host of trades I already have and I feel the new 2000AD collection will do the same.  The material is already scanned, prepped, grouped etc.  I know there a tweaks and twists, but every time there's a volume like "America", "Heavy Metal Dredd", "PJ Maybe" etc I have to tell myself this series is for people who haven't already been collecting the trades.
[/quote]

I'm not buying the normal trades now because I can't afford to get the Megacollection as well.
I'd rather get things I don't already have than the 4th or 5th edition of the same thing.
This could be a great way of getting some things that haven't come out before but you might have to wait a couple of years for that. Most will surely be just the big stories again.

JUDGE BURNS

I'm still awaiting delivery of my first issues   :-(   wonder when ( or if ) they will arrive.

JaHawkDroid

Quote from: JUDGE BURNS on 27 March, 2017, 09:37:36 PM
I'm still awaiting delivery of my first issues   :-(   wonder when ( or if ) they will arrive.

I have a feeling they won't at this point, honestly.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: JaHawkDroid on 28 March, 2017, 05:39:58 PM
Quote from: JUDGE BURNS on 27 March, 2017, 09:37:36 PM

I have a feeling they won't at this point, honestly.

Yep, me too.
Subbed but not expecting anything.
Just hoping that my willingness to sub will be enough, along with everyone else, to go ahead.

Michael Knight

Has anyone received these yet, as curiously they are on sale via ebay from various newsagents?????

matty_ae

Is it likely that Hachette finish their store trial before dealing with subscribers?

So they print 3,000 test run of each of the four initial books Slaine / Halo / Shakara / Stornt
They continue to re-supply newsagents that sell out to work out capacity.

Then after the test, use all returns/unsupplied for the initial subscribers really just to keep them sweet knowing they will all have to be re-supplied when it goes live in Jan 18?

Just my theory.

abelardsnazz

I couldn't wait any longer and in a fit of excitement bought the first three issues on ebay, and now have The Horned God and Halo Jones in front of me. THG is accompanied by a poster of Dredd, Alpha and Slaine by Brian Bolland. The promotional blurb lists future inclusions of ABC Warriors, Nemesis, Nikolai Dante, Rogue, Dredd, Durham Red, DR & Quinch, Ace Garp and Zombo.

The books themselves are the same size as the Mega Collection, just issue number, tooth logo and Clint Langley's art on the spine. THG is volume 32 and HJ 46. There are red endpapers as with the MC, intro by Matt Smith and story so far summaries. The title pages have images from the strips as opposed to the red on black style of the MC. No cover galleries to speak of in these volumes but there are articles by Stephen Jewell.

Any questions, fire away....

vark

If someone can point me to a place on the internet where I can order the Slaine Horned God from France, it will make my day!
Also if someone is willing to take a copy for me at a newsstand to send it abroad don't hesitate to PM me!
Thanks in advance.

Dash Decent

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 01 April, 2017, 10:29:28 AM
THG is accompanied by a poster of Dredd, Alpha and Slaine by Brian Bolland.

Is it something new drawn specifically for this or a reprint?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

abelardsnazz

Quote from: Dash Decent on 02 April, 2017, 07:55:29 AM
THG is accompanied by a poster of Dredd, Alpha and Slaine by Brian Bolland.

Is it something new drawn specifically for this or a reprint?

Looked it up and it's the cover of prog 1924.

NapalmKev

The promotional blurb lists future inclusions of Durham Red, DR & Quinch, Ace Garp...

Oh dear! I realise these strips have their fans and that these are old-school Thrills but still. I suspect the whole collection is going to be swallowed up by a lot of things I don't like.

My dream of Summer Offensive Hardbacks will (probably) never happen.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"