Main Menu

Cellar of Dredd blog

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 06 March, 2010, 01:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

You know, I can't but help thinking that HI-EX 4 should hire a van for you to bring a load of stuff up an exhibit next year.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

COMMANDO FORCES

It would have to be under armed guard, as there are too many potential perps on route who would try to hi-jack it  ;)

mogzilla

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 17 April, 2010, 04:10:55 AM
It would have to be under armed guard, as there are too many potential perps on route who would try to hi-jack it  ;)

damn ya ! who talked?

COMMANDO FORCES

Latest article is up on the blog and it's all about the first series of phonecards. This may be the first time many of you have seen this 'Original' Dredd story featuring Death, Mean, Anderson and Old Joe himself.
Story by Wagner with art by Kev Walker.
Pop along and have a look  ;)

Steven Sterlacchini

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 16 April, 2010, 08:01:17 PM
You know, I can't but help thinking that HI-EX 4 should hire a van for you to bring a load of stuff up an exhibit next year.

That's a pretty good idea.

I'm sure some kind of electric fence could be sorted out for security.

Steven

Proudhuff

Nah, just get Judge Minty to guard it  :D
DDT did a job on me

Pete Wells

Another cracker John, brings back great memories, Kev Walker's artwork on these was superb!

Hope you'll do the Greg Staples set at some point...

COMMANDO FORCES

I agree Pete, the artwork is superb and I'm glad the 19th card comes with that massive shiny folder depicting the image. My other favourite is card 16, where Dredd is firing the Lawgiver with his arm straight out!
As for the second set, have I a story to tell about collecting them but I'll save it for the blog.
There are also a few Japanese phonecards that came out and I'll do a seperate blog about those.

Hey Minty, it would take me for EVER to pack this lot up to take anywhere for a display. I know because it takes just a wee bit less time to bring stuff up from the cellar, to take pictures of it  :lol:

COMMANDO FORCES

Latest piece up, I thought I'd post it this evening instead of tomorrow morning (as I'll need some sleep, as I've got 2 x 2000AD's, 1 x Meg and the TPB of Chew to read at work tonight).
Anyway the latest article is all about the Judge Dredd candy cigarettes milk chocolate sticks. Did any of you lot manage to eat some, or even see them. Amazing as it may seem, I did eat a packet, well I did buy a couple of spares ;)

So pop along and enjoy the slide show!

Proudhuff

Wow CF, I never knew such stuff was out there, keep up the great work!
DDT did a job on me

COMMANDO FORCES

Thanks Proudhuff, I'm sure some more items will surprise people just how much stuff is/was out there. The problem is knowing about it when it comes out, or just sitting on ebay forever  ;)

Colin Zeal

I'd like to add my appreciation of all of your hard work in doing this blog CF. It's a great read and I take my hat off to you for doing it all.

COMMANDO FORCES

Thanks Colin.

Okay everyone, I know you'll all be sick of the election by now, so have a look at what I have put up today. I gave Shark the nod on Wednesday and he was shocked. Lets just say, unless you live in Tadjikistan you won't have seen these  ;)

Don't forget the blogs in the signature

COMMANDO FORCES

Managed to get some excellent display stands today, from an ebay seller who was closing a model shop in Royal Tunbridge Wells. Had a quick drive over this morning and this afternoon have been placing my Dorda packets and miniature models on the hooks. It looks like a shop display, which is what I wanted  :D

Once I finish the display I'll post some pictures.

COMMANDO FORCES

Another nice short one today, (you can read it before work) about an item I bought at Dreddcon 3. I'm sure some of you may have seen it on the 2000AD tables at the time.
Enjoy  ;)