Main Menu

2000AD: Project Sketchbook

Started by ming, 16 November, 2013, 04:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fungus

ming

This was done a while back but I've just got sent a pic (I had no idea what he'd done until about 10 minutes ago) - fantastic work by the lovely Phil Winslade.

Going for some months without seeing a finished contribution is slightly maddening but now you all know how to keep an idiot in suspense.

Bolt-01

splutter! That's astounding. Thanks for Sharing, Ming.

Hawkmumbler

Drokk me! :o

That Phil Winslade can draw a bit good!

I, Cosh

We never really die.

ming

Quote from: The Cosh on 29 April, 2016, 01:02:30 PM
Blimey!

That was exactly my reaction on seeing this.  A lot of people are putting far too much time and effort into this and I feel terrible, almost.  The 'labour of love' aspect of this is infectious, it seems.

I have another sketch to show as well but I'll wait a bit so heads don't explode through overexposure to Thrill Power.

Andy Lambert

That's some seriously amazing drawing there...! Wow!!

Colin YNWA

Always a delight to see this thread back and Phil Winslade pic is quite something, even when you think about what has gone before.

Very much looking forward to seeing what else is new. So how long is it until you expect it back in your lucky ole mits Ming?

ming

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 29 April, 2016, 01:39:50 PMSo how long is it until you expect it back in your lucky ole mits Ming?

I have no clue, Colin - but it's likely to be at least a couple more years before this is done (realistically, three years or more :o).  It's developed a life of its own and some things are done pretty quickly while others take a year or more to appear.  Not that I'm complaining; it's a labour of love and I'm hugely appreciative of the time and effort that artists are putting into this loony scheme of mine.

ming

This time, something a little different...  Pete Fowler.  Soon after I started this sketchbook thing I decided it might be nice to try and include a few artists who, while not strictly 2000AD artists, are a good fit one way or another.  Pete did a lovely Nemesis design for the Zarjaz! exhibition many moons ago and, more recently, designed a similar figure for Unbox, so I took a gamble and asked if he'd be interested in doing something for the book.  He was incredibly supportive and enthusiastic - it's really very humbling to see how people react to this stupid scheme of mine.

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Colin YNWA

ming

Ian Culbard has worked his magic on Project Sketchbook...  I was sent the first image which I absolutely loved but when the second one came through I was floored.  I've got a real soft spot for Brink so it's great to have this in the book.

Hawkmumbler

Jeeezuuus!!! INJC, man, that's some serious talent right there. Phenomenal sketch of Bridge!

Fungus

Terrific. Don't leave it 4 months next time  :)