Main Menu

The Daily Dredds, Vol. 2

Started by Sector Chief, 09 March, 2015, 10:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sector Chief

Anyone know when The Daily Dredds Volume 2 is scheduled to be released?

Richard

Does anyone know if these will be released in paperback?

Molch-R

Quote from: Sector Chief on 09 March, 2015, 10:49:10 PM
Anyone know when The Daily Dredds Volume 2 is scheduled to be released?

Volume 2 is scheduled for late 2016.

Quote from: Richard on 11 March, 2015, 11:39:01 AM
Does anyone know if these will be released in paperback?

We've no plans to. If it does ever happen then it's probably two years away at the very least (not even sure we *could* do paperbacks this thick).

Richard

ZenArcade

So you liked the Daily Dredd's then Richard? Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

sheridan

Good news (apart from having to wait nearly two years).

Batman's Superior Cousin

how many volumes will there be?
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

All-Comic

2016 is a long wait, but I still have to get my hands one Vol 1, so it'll work out I think. Looks like a great collection.

shaolin_monkey

I'm really looking forward to Vol 2, as it'll be pretty much all new material for me!  Vol 1 is absolutely gorgeous, stonking etc, but I've either read or already own 95% of it.  Always on the lookout for Dredd I've missed - roll on 2016!

glassstanley

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 12 March, 2015, 04:21:32 PM
how many volumes will there be?

There are approx 3568 daily strips to reprint. If further volumes have the same dimensions as Vol 1, with 2 strips to a page, that's nearly 1800 pages. If further volumes match, say, the 5 strips to a page seen in the Meg, then that comes down to just over 700 pages.

James Stacey

so there would be 6 volumes if the current format  / size is continued. Lordy, that's a lot of material

Sector Chief

Why do we have to wait sooooooo long for volume 2? Desperate to get my grubby mitts on it!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Sector Chief on 13 March, 2015, 07:15:59 PM
Why do we have to wait sooooooo long for volume 2?

If vol 1 was anything to go by then just sourcing the files for every story and getting the best possible copy/scan of each will take most of that time!
@jamesfeistdraws

Tiplodocus

I am really loving Volume 1. I read two or three each night before I lay my head.d to rest.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

sheridan

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 13 March, 2015, 07:41:15 PM
I am really loving Volume 1. I read two or three each night before I lay my head.d to rest.

How do you manage to stop at just one or two?  Or are you talking about Alien Tongues and Pyro?