Main Menu

APRIL ART COMP - VOTING THREAD

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 25 April, 2016, 12:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpongeJosh

1.Andy Lambert1 - Khaos Theory
2.amines2058 - TorqueTatts
3.MrLongtheArtist - Refuel My Blitzspear

HM: Andy Lambert2 - Corpse Ride, IndigoPrime - Nemesis the Doorlock, MrSibson - Beware Deviants, Nic Freeman - Nemesis's Nemesis

Woolly

1st - Blackmocco - Nemesis the Warlock: If I was told this was an O'Neill original, I'd believe it. Superb!

2nd - Steven Denton - Nemesis Leaps Into Action: Such solid colours, and lovely linework. Great stuff.

3rd - Leigh S - A Bedtime Story: Always a pleasure to see Leigh's artwork. It's Torquemada's facial/helmet expression that makes this though, brilliant piece.

HM - MikeD - Thorny Nemesis: Think I'd have preferred this in B+W, but still a superb picture.

stuartcatley

1. Mike D

2. Nic Freeman

3. Steve Denton

HM to Andy Lambert for TWO excellent entries

Dunk!

1. Steve Denton

2. Nic Freeman

3.Raggedman

HMs. Allied72 & Judgerussell

Cheers, Dunk!
"Trust we"

Hawkmumbler

1. Simon Prime - The dynamic posing in this is brilliant, and above all else it hits the one, big thing I look for on the art comp. Would it make a good cover for the prog? HECK YES!

2. MikeD - Thats just chuffing brilliant. Star-scan worth stuff!

3. Andy Lambert1 - Nemesis and Deadlock is an underappreciated chapter in the Millsverse canon, so more of stuff like this is good.

HM -Allied72, Paul Moore, and Raggedman. All three of you I wanted to put into a separate entry of top threes, but my god was this a close call!

-MikeD-

1 - Andy Lambert 2... Corpse Ride. Obviously a great drawing, but also a neat and humourous idea.

2 - Nic Freeman... Nemesis' Nemesis. Feels iconic, yet unique. And I like bright colours.

3 - Simon Prime... It's hard to make a character as ridiculous as Nemesis look like part of the recognisable, physical world, but I think this picture achieves that.

HM's... Leigh S for the detail, Steve Denton for the lighting, JudgeRussell for the fun, Raggedman for the design and Indigoprime for going there.

judda fett

1. Steven Denton
2. Simon Prime
3. Mike D

HM's

Andy Lambert - Corpse Ride
Leigh S

james newell

wow what a month of work!
1) Simon Prime - Nemesis vs Torquemada - this rocks!
2) MikeD - Thorny Nemesis - great charactor here brill drawing
3) Albion - Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave! - wonderfull design

HM
Andy Lambert1 - Khaos Theory

Albion

Quote from: james newell on 28 April, 2016, 01:56:50 PM
3) Albion - Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave! - wonderfull design

To be fair the design work was done by some horrible nazi seventy odd years ago.
I thought it rather suited Torquemada so I did my version.

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

ThryllSeekyr

Remember that discussion we had about the warlocks apparent lack of genitalia & how some of you said it's built into his alien snout. Well, this was going to my them for my work, but tastefully done.

I might submit this idea, but not as part of the competition like last time.

MrLongTheArtist

Quote from: Albion on 28 April, 2016, 03:48:37 PM

To be fair the design work was done by some horrible nazi seventy odd years ago.
I thought it rather suited Torquemada so I did my version.

Excellent idea. Well executed.

Dandontdare

another crop of wonderful entries, I could choose a dozen, but I'll go for ...

3rd RaggedMan - love the colour scheme and a classic story revisited!
2nd - Andy Lambert 2 - (Corpse Ride) - Andy may have split his vote this time as they were both great, but this one had extra chuckle value.
1st - Simon Prime - For a moment I thought this was a photo of a model, the 3D effect is stunning.

RaggedMan

Impossible choices, my top 3 could be number 1, my HMs could be top 3

1st Black Mocco - it evokes grotesque with simplicity of line
2nd Leigh S - brilliant characterisation, great colours, like Nemesis recast as romantic hero
3rd Nic Freeman - i think based on my fave 2000ad cover. Torquemada as a grafitti/skateboard/madball design.

HM - Mr Sibson - old skool zine feel, MikeD- story in an image, great line work, Adam Lambert - both, just brilliant

Fungus

Some entries seem to have vanished so it would be wrong to vote on this one.