Main Menu

MAY ART COMP - THE APOCALYPSE WAR

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 01 May, 2016, 11:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

In 2014 we did The Day the Law Died

In 2015 we did Block Mania

and courtesy of April winner Simon Prime this month we will be delving into the first big epic in Dredd's history...

QuoteTHE APOCALYPSE WAR

Running between Progs 245 - 270 and drawn by the legendary Carlos Ezquerra over a stunning 25 episodes the Apocalypse War saw the large-scale invasion of Mega-City One by the Sov-Blok and the subsequent destruction of East-Meg One. It contains a ton of iconic visual moments to pick from - but if somehow there are squaxx without a copy of this classic conflict to hand the Future Shop has your back and the entire saga from Block Mania to the bitter end in prog 270 is featured in the fifth volume of The Complete Dredd Case Files.

There will be a GN straight from the nerve centre for the winner, and one for Tharg's Choice - and there will also be a bonafide 2000 AD droid choosing their favourite entries! All entries will be viewable here, on our dedicated FB page and as of this month on the OFFICIAL 2000 AD TUMBLR.

Rules for the art comp are these:

- You can enter as many times as you like but bear in mind it will split your vote so it may not be worth it.

- All entries have to be constructed specifically for this competition - so nothing you've done for anything else.

- You can enter either here or by directly putting it on our FB wall!

YOU HAVE UNTIL THE 29th OF MAY WHEN WE SHALL ACCIDENTALLY OBLITERATE THE PEACEFUL VOTING PLANET

Dandontdare

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 01 May, 2016, 11:53:47 AM
this month we will be delving into the first big epic in Dredd's history...

So what were the Cursed Earth and The Day the Law Died? Chopped liver?

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

sheridan

Quote from: Dandontdare on 01 May, 2016, 12:34:06 PM
Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 01 May, 2016, 11:53:47 AM
this month we will be delving into the first big epic in Dredd's history...

So what were the Cursed Earth and The Day the Law Died? Chopped liver?
That's what I was thinking - not to mention the Judge Child Quest!

Buttonman

JayzusB.Christ

Like, whatevs, m8. Either way up I'm looking forward to this one
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

CrazyFoxMachine

Well - the first to be drawn by a single artist anyhow  :-\ I'll only accept those manner of criticisms with ENTRIES ATTACHED ;)

James Dilworth

JayzusB.Christ

Dilworth entries are always a treat.  This is no exception.  Brilliant - it really brings home what a ruthless bastard Kazan is.  One of the all-time great Dredd villains in my book; because he's all too believable - you've brought him to life even more.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

IAMTHESYSTEM

Ha! SOV-A.D! Read it NOW Komrades- if you know what's good for you. I seem to be in a mock Cover mood at the moment. How lazy but I did enjoy it. Surely the SOV authorities would have issued a 'Victory' Comic to celebrate Mega City One's defeat.

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Andy Lambert

Crikey! Two absolute belters already..!

Darren Stephens

:o......... *blinks, rubs eyes*........Both of those are amazing! ;)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Banners

Beautiful, but you may want to proof-read it ;-)

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Banners on 04 May, 2016, 09:04:12 PM
Beautiful, but you may want to proof-read it ;-)

Its in Russian fella, we all know they don't do 'l'...

... the day I comment on typo and poor spelling and grammar hasn't yet arrived!

Leigh S

great stuff so far - all I'm learning here is there is a reason why Carlos always drew the Strato-Vs flying from left to right!