Main Menu

JOHN M BURNS artwork for Sale : Please enquire

Started by Wiggz, 07 August, 2016, 07:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiggz

John has a large collection of pages from 2000AD as well as a selection pages from his non-2000AD published work.
If anyone is interested please contact me regarding your wants and I will enquire as to whether these pages are still available.
Please note that John is currently unable to take on any private commissions at this time.

Images attached are from the Bristol Expo 2016

Wiggz

Dodsy

Don't suppose you know how much John is selling pages for do you Wiggz?
Twitter - @dodsy84

Wiggz

They varied slightly but I've checked the high res photos for these pages here, and also from what I can remember they were around £230 each - Splash pages were around £325-350 and I know he's still got some old countdown and newspaper strips too but only a few of those.

These images are just a few of the pages John had for sale - he brought two portfolios full of pages to Bristol.

Size for the ones shown is A3 on heavyweight paper - acrylic/ink some gouache - they're much more vibrant than the printed versions in the prog.

As I said, if theres anything specific you're after LMK and I can ask.

Mute77

Is this a limited time offer or would it be ok to ask to buy a piece around  the end of October? I need to save a few pennies first...

Wiggz

Not a limited time offer - Just LMK what you're after and I can ask John.

Mute77

Thanks that's good to know. Will definitely do so soon!

Large48

[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Hawkmumbler

Oh shit....a Burns Dante or The Order page is very high on my list of original art I desire a great deal...

Spikes

Quote from: Wiggz on 08 August, 2016, 12:35:05 PM
..they're much more vibrant than the printed versions in the prog.

Quoted for truth.
Wiggz sorted me out a John Burns page, a while ago now, and they are indeed stunning to see first hand.

(...and I'd love to flick through that portfolio in the above photos - looks to be some mouth watering art on offer).

Large48

And just to confirm the artwork is indeed much, MUCH better than you ever see in print, although John was never that keen on selling the pages he really liked!!!!

Took me at least two years to buy one he kept taking round with him.......... :(
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

shaolin_monkey

You've probably seen this in the 'original art' thread, but I just want to say again how ecstatic I am to own this page. It came with a personal note from John too, which was lovely.

Thanks very much to Wiggz for sorting it all out.

Rately

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 03 September, 2016, 10:13:27 AM
You've probably seen this in the 'original art' thread, but I just want to say again how ecstatic I am to own this page. It came with a personal note from John too, which was lovely.

Thanks very much to Wiggz for sorting it all out.

Wow! Art from one of the first profs I ever owned! Beautiful stuff.

Wiggz

Large48 - will check with John

Hawkmumbler - I think all The Order pages are available at the moment - various Dante pages are available but you need to LMK which exact pages or at least which prog etc.

Unfortunately John doesn't have the facilities or time to scan or photograph what he has left.
He's one of a few artists that still sends his art into the Nerve centre for scanning.

He likes to spend what spare time he has away from the drawing board catching up on other non-art related things.

I've been asked about older art and John will be checking on this but he does have some Fists of Danny Pyke, Buck Rogers and Wonder-Woman available.

Will get back to you once I've spoken with John.

Shaolin_Monkey / Spikes - thanx for your comments - glad I could help out.

Jdredd1961

Hello,

I am interested in John Burns Judge Dredd art.

Specifically, complete stories or covers.

Please let me know what is available and prices.

Thank you,

David Bandier
dbandier@verizon.net

Wiggz

Heres a few Dante pages and cover that are currently available - I'll add more images as and when they become available.
If there is anything you're after please enquire.

Last Order pages are available @£300 each.

Tsar Wars  Book 1 'Rudinshtein Irregulars'  p 4/5  ( only £450 due to slight damage bottom right) - SOLD

Dragons Island  double spred  £500

Bring Me The Head of Nik Dante  part 3  page 6  £350

Prisoner of The Tsar part 1 page 6  £350

Hero of The Revolution  part 1 page 4  £300

Hero of The Revolution  part 3  page 2  £300

The Dante Factor  part 2  page1  £300

Dante Cover  plus same size colour rough  £400