Main Menu

The Walking Dead - Season 7

Started by Goaty, 14 July, 2016, 07:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Tjm86

Well, I finally got round to watching the last episode last night.  Wow, what a mess.  Considering the scope that they had for a truly epic finale with the source material, half of the episode was spent in metaphysical meanderings that did absolutely nothing except confuse the audience.  It is easy to understand why the ratings were so low on this.  The last twenty minutes or so finally got its mojo back a little and has set up the scene for next season.  One can only hope that it is a case of they've been saving up the budget for a truly epic season, or at the very least one that is watchable. 

NapalmKev

Quote from: Tjm86 on 09 April, 2017, 07:48:54 AM
Well, I finally got round to watching the last episode last night.  Wow, what a mess. 

Yeah, it was a big letdown to be honest. I found the whole season disappointing, apart from a couple of episodes (first episode was good, and the one that focused on Daryl's incarceration was my favourite of the season).

The final episode was shambolic! 20 mins of pointless flashbacks which  could've been handled better with a swift five minute scene. Everyone firing fully automatic weapons and hardly anyone getting hit! The Scavengers*(who don't seem to be able to string a sentence together) are masters of duplicity and subterfuge! And a Tiger that knows exactly who to kill!

Crap!

*it's been suggested by some that the Scavengers are in fact immigrants and that English isn't their native language. If that was the case I would have thought they would revert to their original speech patterns rather then try to converse with each other in a language they don't fully understand.
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

SIP

Must admit that I was disappointed with the season as well. Took the shine of the walking dead for me.

Rick proved generally useless throughout most of the season, and this episode once again made him look ineffective.

Tjm86

Too true.  In the comic series it is made clear that it is a ruse on Rick's part to lull Negan into a false sense of security whilst he bides his time to find a decent solution.  In this season it almost seems like they wanted to play it as Rick was seriously shaken by it, lost all faith in his leadership ability and needed time to rebuild his faith in himself.  Unfortunately either they forgot that that was how they were going to play it, played it out so subtly that the audience missed it completely (and you see a spark of that in the final episode when he does finally find his testicles again) or just completely bollixed it up.  I know which one I'm voting for.

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

SIP

It was just depressing to see Rick once again completely  outsmarted and out matched and back on his knees whimpering. Sigh.

Bring back crazy Rick. It's the Neegan moments that have saved this series.

Trooper McFad

Having read the books up to date I was hoping that after this seasons episode 1 that the rest would have built up to a "war" which only lasted the last 4 episodes of this season. Too many filler episodes - I don't mind different story lines or Characters appearing but they have to up the pace to keep me interested. The seasons may just be too long to write decent scripts(thinking back to the time at the farm).

I dread another long drawn out season where the war is only concluded in the final episode. Which is what should have happened this season and then I'd be looking forward to the new community which emerges and then new threat on the horizon.

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Link Prime

Quote from: NapalmKev on 09 April, 2017, 08:09:55 AM
Everyone firing fully automatic weapons and hardly anyone getting hit!

It was as unintentionally comical as the climax to an average 1986 episode of The A-Team.

Worst season yet for me, capped off with a very sloppy finale.

I'm rootin for Negan and The Saviors at this stage ffs.

Link Prime

On a more positive note, I like what they've done with Eugene's heel-turn.
It actually makes perfect sense for the character.

The wardrobe dept out-did themselves with Villain Eugene's outfit update.
"Add long black coat"
"Check"
"We're done"

Tjm86

Quote from: Link Prime on 10 April, 2017, 04:27:57 PM

The wardrobe dept out-did themselves with Villain Eugene's outfit update.
"Add long black coat"
"Check"
"No, we'll go with plain."

Satanist

Finale was very poor. As said above A-team antics with the shoot out and the best trained tiger in the world. I fuckin hate those dump people, why have they forgotten how to talk?
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

sheridan

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 09 April, 2017, 07:02:35 PM
Having read the books up to date I was hoping that after this seasons episode 1 that the rest would have built up to a "war" which only lasted the last 4 episodes of this season. Too many filler episodes - I don't mind different story lines or Characters appearing but they have to up the pace to keep me interested. The seasons may just be too long to write decent scripts(thinking back to the time at the farm).

I loved the first season but am stuck on the farm season.  I think I should just have it on in the background until they get away from that farm (please tell me they get away from the farm) so I can start paying attention again.

Andy Lambert

They do get away, sheridan, but you'll have to wait until the last episode of the season.

So apparently despite a drop in ratings, TWD will continue, and they're saying it will go on far at least over 20 seasons.
If this last series is any indication, I won't be tuning in. I really miss the more thoughtful horror series TWD started out as, instead of the pale imitation it's become.