Main Menu

Prog 1977

Started by Dash Decent, 13 April, 2016, 11:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Fantastic to see Tharg drawn by Ezquerra.  Proper Tharg!  Real Tharg!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Mattofthespurs

Despite getting both the Prog and the Meg I can't say I'm too pleased with four months of cross overs between the two.
The 'anniversary' story was rather weak but the rest was ok with Dredd being the highlight. Cracking cover, of course.
Still, after all the hype I expected something a bit better.

Frank

Is the character falling out of Tharg's arse Outlaw?

Skullmo

[spoiler]Dredd is dead![/spoiler] I didn't see that one coming. Looking forward to [spoiler]the return of dredd[/spoiler] story. Not.

So does the tharg story mean we have a new editor? I was confused.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Tjm86

How the hell to discuss this without spoilers????  Flipping over the meg it looks like it really has happened.  Jaw currently firmly ensconced on the floor! :o

Skullmo

Tjm86

The Amstor Computer

Interesting prog (and Meg!)

[spoiler]My guess is that the heavy hints dropped about Dredd being such a significant part of the city's stability/security and the extradition thread mean this is a gambit to show that the city can stand without him - Rico stepping up, Texas judges being brought in, perhaps the Native American rangers being incorporated etc. - and this is a play by Hershey, Beeny and Co. that will result in a stronger Meg and Dredd returning at a crucial story moment, presumably not to save the day though (otherwise what's the point in the gambit?)[/spoiler]

Will be fun to find out though!

ZenArcade

Sounds like a feint within a feint to confound the nefarious strategies of Brit Cit Chief Judge Cameron and his slimy deputy: Accounts Judge O$bourne!!  Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Skullmo

If you don't see the body . . .

Buttonman

Gah! Prog but no Meg! Any Meg letters?

[spoiler]I agree we need to see a Dredd body but if it's just  'Phew lucky I didn't get on' it's a cheap bit of sensationalism. If he is dead it's a bit of a messy ending. Thing is if this is Prog 1977 and we re rebooting when did Dredd first appear? Yup, Prog 2! The Dredd badge will fall at Rico's feet - he'll stick t on and off we go for the next 40 years![/spoiler]

Steve Green

Echidna

Not sure spoiler tags are really necessary given that this section of the forum is titled "Spoilers", but...

[spoiler]Bloody hell. They really did it. Or did they...? If Wagner's name was on it, and we saw Dredd's mangled corpse, I'd believe it, but as things stand I'm not going to put a black armband* on just yet. His helmet's badly damaged but intact, and as long as the brain's in one piece (and they were able to refrigerate it, which I'll grant you is unlikely out in the Cursed Earth), there's always a chance. MC-1 medicine can work wonders these days.[/spoiler]

*Incidentally, I would totally buy one of these with a Dredd badge or the MC-1 eagle on it. Get on it, Tharg!

DarkDaysBish-OP

Quote from: Butch on 16 April, 2016, 11:10:25 AM

Is the character falling out of Tharg's arse Outlaw?

Harsh!

But fair.

But mostly harsh.

jannerboyuk

Cover: best of the year.
Dredd: blimey guvnor! Glad I had the Meg to go to straight away :) felt very solid and I'm liking the tex city development. Missed a lot of Dredd but feel tex city has underused overall, might be wrong. Can't imagine a tex city collection being too large.
Survival geeks: lots of fun, the art is growing on me
Tainted: doom doom doom
Mystery of 77: love it, real old school
Aquila: ok I suppose, don't like the depiction of Hades as hell, because it isn't. But that is very much just me.

Overall, really enjoyable but glad I've got a Meg sub :)