Main Menu

Prog 1977

Started by Dash Decent, 13 April, 2016, 11:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

You read it wrong. It's not his last prog. ~~~~

flip-r mk2

So when does [spoiler]The Deadman 2[/spoiler] start :)

filippo
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Buttonman

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 16 April, 2016, 07:07:57 PM
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GUYS SPOILER YOUR POSTS I JUST CACKED MYSELF READING ONE POST TOO MANY HAVE PITY ON US DIGITAL SUBS'S!!!!

I spoiler tag mine out of habit but there is no requirement to - the clue is in the thread link :

My Meg didn't come today and I wouldn't think of going into the Meg thread until it does!

Hawkmumbler

Fuck, you got me this time Buttman!

Colin YNWA

Yeah I always try to spoiler explicite information but I'm aware inferance can be drawn from a lot of what's said. So I hold the idea that while most folks try to avoid it, if you come here you  have to be prepared to be spoiled. Its better that way that posts that are almost entirely spoiler tagged I think?

COMMANDO FORCES

Was this 'teleportation' done with lots of people around who would know the sign of such a thing, or are Judges the only ones witnessing this possible event!

ZenArcade

Sorry to hear about old Joe....so anyway what's the rest of the prog like? Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Geoff

How can everyone be so calm..?

Dredd may be dead and we may have a change of Tharg! Surely the stiff upper lip must quiver.

Although, I also think the Dredd business is a feint to somehow trick Brit Cit and I didn't really understand the Tharg story either...

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Geoff on 17 April, 2016, 02:21:58 AM
How can everyone be so calm..?

Dredd may be dead and we may have a change of Tharg! Surely the stiff upper lip must quiver.

The world of comics a great cynic marks. In order.

He'll be fine and I don't think we do?

My lip will quiver (and more) when we get any further evidence that either is actually true.

A.Cow

Of course, it's unlikely that John Wagner would want such a significant Dredd story written by another writer so I think we're all pretty certain of the long-term outcome.  Regardless, the [spoiler]hand-over to Rico[/spoiler] was expertly handled.

In another nod to Mr Carroll, he does inventive use of MC1 tech very well (c.f. previous use of heat-seekers), and the [spoiler]creative application of riot foam[/spoiler] was a stroke of genius. 

Tharg's tale was definitely confusing.  Has there been an editorial change?  I'm so confused.  Art was a little scratchy, but then we've been spoiled for so many years by the late Eric Bradbury.

Survival Geeks is still a cluttered mess for me.  I like odd panels but I can't actually tell the difference between half the characters, especially with two teams, so the ending didn't have much resonance for me.

A.Cow

(Of course, being an arch-pedant, I meant to say 'cf.' not 'c.f.'  Sigh...)

Magnetica

Quote from: ZenArcade on 16 April, 2016, 12:39:06 PM
Sounds like a feint within a feint to confound the nefarious strategies of Brit Cit Chief Judge

Yes I did think that too. But I seem to recall [spoiler]Mr Wagner did seem open to the possibility of Rico replacing Dredd on the recent thrill cast. I would have to re-listen to it, but at 3 hours plus I don't have the time. He also allowed someone else to kill off Alpha, so I am thinking it is at least possible he would allow some-one else to kill off Dredd and he is on record saying he prefers Alpha as a character over Joe (on that thrill cast again).[/spoiler]

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 16 April, 2016, 03:35:46 PM
So a thrill as weak as Survival Geek is able to make it to position 3. I've enjoyed the last two parts far more than I have the series up to this point (maybe I should do a re-read to see if something with the series has clicked with me?). Its not great but is fun enough and rolls by. I liked the ending ... kinda

I'm with you on this  (except for me SG was in position 2). I might be missing something but I didn't read that as the end - after allthere is a next prog box.

I do like (or should I say the only thing I like) in Tainted is the sarky bike.

So overall not a great Prog for me. Oh well with the return of Brass Sun start of Brink next week  :lol: and Slaine soon, hopefully things will pick up.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Magnetica on 17 April, 2016, 10:09:45 AM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 16 April, 2016, 03:35:46 PM
So a thrill as weak as Survival Geek is able to make it to position 3. I've enjoyed the last two parts far more than I have the series up to this point (maybe I should do a re-read to see if something with the series has clicked with me?). Its not great but is fun enough and rolls by. I liked the ending ... kinda

I'm with you on this  (except for me SG was in position 2). I might be missing something but I didn't read that as the end - after all there is a next prog box.

Sorry me being unclear in my meaning (I know who'd have thunk that would happen!). I like the ending to this episode BUT was a little disappointed that it wasn't the ending to the story overall and that Survival Geeks is still going on in its current run. Actually would have made a great cliffhanger for the story to draw us into the next down the line.

IndigoPrime

There's zero chance the change is permanent. If it was, you'd have seen a deluge of PR, surely.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 17 April, 2016, 11:17:19 AM
There's zero chance the change is permanent. If it was, you'd have seen a deluge of PR, surely.
I trust Rebellion to be more tactful than Marvel.