Main Menu

Prog 1987 - Time's Arrow

Started by Magnetica, 25 June, 2016, 01:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnetica

So we are on the count down now with Dredd and Brink.

Dredd- the game is really afoot now.

Slaine - I might be in the minority but I like this.

Brink - ok going to have to go back and reread last week now.

Black Shuck - carries on as before, good stuff.

Grey Area. Not much happens - they are off back to Earth with a small surprise I guess.

Darren Stephens

Only read Dredd and Brink so far. Brink has been excellent. Perfect comics!
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

mejustnow

Re Slaine: haven't we had this episode already? Mistake at the printers?
SMUSHY PEAS!!!

Steve Green

No, just a similar themed cover.

Colin YNWA

Enjoying that cover quite a lot and inside things are pretty good.Well except for Black Shuck. Poor old Black Shuck, see it did what I wanted and seemd to break the shackles of the last few weeks and all the wonderfully images told me it was doing exciting and interesting thing. Alas the words were telling me things I had simply lost touch with. I hadn't a clue. Re-read time and not for the good reasons.

Everything else was on fine form. Well okay Grey Area was just a epilogue really but since I've enjoyed this story (long form) soe much I'm cool with that. It was cute again and delighted that this series hasn't finished, rather just the current extended storyline. Looking forward to its return.

Slaine should have been more of the same from when I wasn't enjoying this story, but you know what this really worked. It was nicely constructed and the magicky wagicky mumbo jumbo had a very human impact. Great episode in this hit and miss outing.

The other two Dredd and Brink have barely put a foot wrong in their respective stories and these episodes are no exception. Both are just very, very good comics and I love them both like my children.

All this and a lovely poster telling us about Scarlet Traces starting next week and The Order getting a very exciting looking third outing.

HOOZZAAHHH

staticgirl

I have become very, very fond of Officer Resting Bitch Face. Her combination of innocence, literalism and weary tolerance is very sweet.
[spoiler]I am glad she'll be back [/spoiler]

Fungus

Couple of weeks behind, but these threads are unavoidable...

Love SD's covers, even the stylised, minimalistic ones. This one is lacking, I'm afraid. I'm kind of lost as to what can be done with Slaine as a series.

Looking forward to Scarlet Traces hugely.

A.Cow

Quote from: mejustnow on 25 June, 2016, 06:57:10 PM
Re Slaine: haven't we had this episode already? Mistake at the printers?

Couldn't agree more.  Slaine is just an interminable dirge.

Proudhuff

Dredd- The Car-Roll droid and Happy Sharpnel are knocking it out the park on this one. Giant's fight scene a doozy!

Slaine - Stunning artwork, while Mrs Mills' laddie works out his relationship to the great piano player.

Brink - haven't been able to get into this, perhaps when its collected, lots of love on board for this so will revisit.

Black Shuck - I spy Lemmy!

Grey Area. Resting face is my fav, CBA with the wedding and the Deus ex machina was a bit old hat...
DDT did a job on me

Ghost MacRoth

Cover: Muddy but an interesting perspective pose.

Dredd: And so the subterfuge is put aside, and Oswin reveals her true purpose. Think she could have done some more homework on Beeny though.... she will come to regret that underestimation I believe.

Slaine:  Duller by the week.

Brink: Still just a strip that takes up space for me.  Nowt to see here...move along.

Black Shuck: Taking quite some time to get...nowhere in particular. 

Grey Area: Glad to see RBF and CMMO are heading back with the team, should add a new element to the day to day Border Patrol duties! 

And an ad for another D'Israeli/Edginton tale for next prog.  So basically that will leave me just DRedd to enjoy.  Great.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Bad City Blue

Only reading Dredd and Grey Area at the mo, everything else is either too confusing or, in the case of Slaine, a gift wrapped turd.

Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Fungus

Quote from: Bad City Blue on 29 June, 2016, 03:07:29 PM
a gift wrapped turd.

Guess that's a birthday you'll never forget.

Frank

I posted this week's tedious ramble on the wrong thread. I blame Hawkmum.

Spikes

Just when you think Simon Davis' art can't get any better..... lovely, lovely stuff.