Main Menu

Thought Bubble 2012 - 11th - 18th November 2012

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 15 May, 2012, 07:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Yep no problem - stuck in traffic at the moment, but will send them through when I get home.

Cheers!

Dodsy

Had an amazing first Thought Bubble and definatly won't be my last. Couldn't believe how busy it was! I was expecting crowds but nothing like that. Great meeting some of the boardies as well.
Highlight was definatly meeting Mr Wagner for the first time. I was still shaking a couple of hours later, he's the guy who (probably like a lot of people on here) got me into comics in the first place.
The Minty premier was great as well. Me and the wife were some of the first people in the room so if we were chatting to some of you in there let me know.
What's that best way to upload pictures on here? I've a load of the sketches, etc I got which I'll upload later.
One of the best things to come out of the entire weekend had to be when we got home and the wife actually sat and read Judge Death and Judge Death Lives! I've been trying for years to get her to pick up a Prog and we all may have finally have managed it (think Boo Cook played a big part in it though).

Lastly, does anyone know where I can get a copy of the Minty program? They forgot them at the premier and I couldn't find any during the convention.
Twitter - @dodsy84

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Steve Green on 20 November, 2012, 12:31:22 PM
Yep no problem - stuck in traffic at the moment, but will send them through when I get home.

Cheers!

Sweet!

Steve Green

dracula1

Quote from: dodsy on 20 November, 2012, 01:03:11 PM
Had an amazing first Thought Bubble and definatly won't be my last. Couldn't believe how busy it was! I was expecting crowds but nothing like that. Great meeting some of the boardies as well.
Highlight was definatly meeting Mr Wagner for the first time. I was still shaking a couple of hours later, he's the guy who (probably like a lot of people on here) got me into comics in the first place.
The Minty premier was great as well. Me and the wife were some of the first people in the room so if we were chatting to some of you in there let me know.
What's that best way to upload pictures on here? I've a load of the sketches, etc I got which I'll upload later.
One of the best things to come out of the entire weekend had to be when we got home and the wife actually sat and read Judge Death and Judge Death Lives! I've been trying for years to get her to pick up a Prog and we all may have finally have managed it (think Boo Cook played a big part in it though).

Lastly, does anyone know where I can get a copy of the Minty program? They forgot them at the premier and I couldn't find any during the convention.

Great bumping into you at the viewing dodsy, . . . we passed the time away in chat about all things Dredd until the film started. I also met Marco at the end of the film (which was awesome by the way) dressed in an amazing cosplay outfit as a nuclear Sherlock homes :-)

My con highlight was meeting Integra a.k.a Judge Anderson and getting some nice pic's of her cracking heads in her Judge outfit. Also met David Lloyd and got a fantastic Guy Fawkes sketch from him (a fantastic end to the best Thought Bubble Convention yet).

Dandontdare

Quote from: Albion on 20 November, 2012, 07:56:59 AM
Slaine by Simon Davis

At the 2000ad panel SBD said that Slaine is a character he'd like to have a crack at - if that's anything to go by, I'd like to see that too.

Steve Green

I'd love to see that too. That's a gorgeous bit of work.

Albion

Quote from: Dandontdare on 20 November, 2012, 08:12:20 PM
At the 2000ad panel SBD said that Slaine is a character he'd like to have a crack at - if that's anything to go by, I'd like to see that too.

Great ain't it.
I handed my sketchbook to Simon after helping him out with something and then rushed off to the Sunday Minty screening. Initially my mind went blank as to what I wanted and Large48 suggested Slaine so I went with that. Thanks Large48, great choice.

When I went to collect it I was blown away. It is beyond a sketch to me, it is a piece of fine art. I love the few sketches I have but this is incredible. I absolutely love it and keep looking at it.

I saw some other "sketches" of Simon's and they were fantastic. Even more amazing is that he wasn't charging anything for them!

Incredible artist and he has the best moustache in comics too. :-)
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Glad to hear that a fantastic time was had by everyone and thanks for sharing all the sketches and picture.

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Link Prime

Some great pics & sketches there guys, particularly the Simon Davis stuff- unreal.

Steve Green

I spoke with him after the cast and crew screening, and then only realised who it was afterwards...

Impressive moustache indeed.

CLOUDMAN

I think the portfolio review on Sunday was one of the highlights for me! Pete Doherty should be in stand-up.

A little annoyed I missed Minty but volunteer responsibilities called. Great to hear it go down so well though, all the more excited now!

Can't believe I missed Wagner either, considering I walked up the New Docks Hall only about fifty times you think I would'a copped him!

Bat King

I saw the two sketching panels that Pete hosted (as well as being at the Portfolio Den thang) yup Pete was hilarious.

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Dodsy

Great bumping into you at the viewing dodsy, . . . we passed the time away in chat about all things Dredd until the film started. I also met Marco at the end of the film (which was awesome by the way) dressed in an amazing cosplay outfit as a nuclear Sherlock homes :-)

My con highlight was meeting Integra a.k.a Judge Anderson and getting some nice pic's of her cracking heads in her Judge outfit. Also met David Lloyd and got a fantastic Guy Fawkes sketch from him (a fantastic end to the best Thought Bubble Convention yet).

To put this politely as possible, which one were you? lol. I was sat with the wife on the left side of the screen when there were only 3 loads of people in really early.
Twitter - @dodsy84