Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Classic BC page Greg, including vividly memorable scenes for both Danny and Kano.

Greg M.

I think this is the first time in Bad Company you see Kano being nice to anyone - right before he kills him and all his friends!

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

simon

There's some Slaine pages available here...they're going pretty quick, so if you want to get one, now's a good time..thanks... Simon

https://www.facebook.com/simondaviscomicillustrator/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1052701681464530

Party-Pom-pom

Hello,
As a new forum member but long time lurker, I realise that people maybe unwilling to assist me with this,
But I was wondering if anyone can advise me as to how to contact Carlos Ezquerra with an eye to buying some original artwork and also getting him to draw a retro cover for my blank variant Johnny Red no1.
I was hoping to meet him to talk in person at the 2016 n.i.c.e convention in Bedford but his appearance is cancelled so no chance of that.
Anyway if you don't ask you don't get so hope this isn't being to forward as a second post.
Thanks in advance
Matt

hippynumber1

Carlos is very easily approachable via his Facebook profile.

Party-Pom-pom

Thanks for reply, however I do not have a Facebook account, and don't really want one as I don't really agree with the company's policy on how they share and store your personal information ( tinfoil hat time I know,but I've managed without one for the last thirty odd years).

Steve Green

You could try messaging Julius/Skullmo ^^^ regarding comic art.

I'm not sure what kind of pages you were after - at LFCC he had some colour Dredd (Necropolis, some Mark Millar Dredd I think)

There was also some Stainless Steel Rat and a few b/w Strontium Dog pages.

Party-Pom-pom

Steve thanks for replying,

Black and white strontium dog and stainless steel rat stuff definitely the kind of things I'm interested in, as a big Battle fan I would also be interested in some of the stuff he did in battlefields with Garth Ennis (tankies)
Some lovely tiger tank vs firefly art in that if I recall correctly.
Regarding contacting skullmo am I ok to private message him? I realise I carry low credit within the community as a new member so don't want to break forum etiquette so early on.

Party-Pom-pom

Hippynumberone,
Some lovely bits of art in your collection, love the Bryan Talbot nemesis sketches, my absolute favourite artist for the character.

Steve Green

Sure it will be fine :)

I'm not sure how much art Carlos has from outside 2000AD - he tends to bring along mostly 2000AD work, but that could be just because it's what he's best known for.

Party-Pom-pom

Steve,
Thanks, that's grand.
Had the opportunity to meet Carlos in 2014 and got him to sketch Major Eazy for me and sign my collected edition of same, remember he had a sign saying he had original art for sale then at the convention but was to star struck to ask to have a look and thought it was probably outside my price range anyway.
Still kicking myself two years later.

Skullmo

For anyone interested he still has pages from classic and modern strontium dog, stainless steel rat, painted dredd, and many usa series. Feel free to message me as I've been helping him and so generally know most of what is around.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Party-Pom-pom

Many thanks for the help and advise so far guys.

Tjm86

Quote from: Skullmo on 17 August, 2016, 11:14:53 PM
For anyone interested he still has pages from classic and modern strontium dog, stainless steel rat, painted dredd, and many usa series. Feel free to message me as I've been helping him and so generally know most of what is around.

I'm going to add an endorsement here.  Skullmo was eminently helpful in assisting in the securement (is that a real word?) of a piece by his lordship.  Lord Ezquerra is also incredibly pleasant to deal with directly.  So, in addition to being an absolutely amazing artist and giving us decades of pleasure, he is also a great guy.  Only in tooth!  Also, the artwork in the flesh, so to speak, is outstanding.