Main Menu

Anyone seen Hellboy yet ?

Started by Conexus, 04 September, 2004, 01:41:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conexus

I'm planning on seeing it soon, was wondering if any of you have seen it already, what do you think of.
It must be quite good, everybody from Metal Hammer (not mine, my bruv's. I am no Goth Rocker) to The Guardian think it's great. Hell even the Mail says it's good, despite "Making light of Satanism" Oooh ! Evil film !  LOL  

Scottiepunk

Awesome! Seen it on pirate, bought the Region 1 DVD, going to the cinema as well. Brilliant film!

Generally Contrary

I thought it was good.  I've been to see loads of films recently.  Better than Chronicles of Riddick, better than I, Robot, perhaps on a par, perhaps slightly better than Spider-man 2, certainly no where near as good as DODGEBALL!

titch

I saw it on pirate VCD a while ago...

ITS FAB!!!!

I'm a massive Hellboy fan, and I thought it did the comics justice. Ron Pearlman was made to be Hellboy, though I have to say Abe was my favourite.

Bico

It's a very good comic-book movie.  Recommended.

Bico

Did anyone read that article in Viz about how the hidden 'code' in the Daily Mail had been cracked by bored scientists?

"I am afraid of everything."

"Coloureds will eat my children."

It's all starting to make sense now...

The Amstor Computer

Generally positive reviews (apart from The Independent's Anthony Quinn, who called it "surprisingly endurable" and didn't seem to get it at all), faithful to the comic, directed by Guillermo del Toro and starring Ron Perlman...

I'm definitely going to see this - only pisser is the ridiculous length of time the UK has had to wait for it.

Conexus

Actually that bit about making light of Satanism should be paraphrased, not quoted .The only reason I read The Mail is because i'm interested in how "the others" think. Don't know why my mum buys it, her being an anti Tory liberal vegetarian. Okay she's a royalist, kinda, but that's about the only thing she has in common with the Mail's views. Having said all that, in the letters page, there was a letter from someone who was vegan on moral grounds ????

Are there really people that cannot read the subtext of their papers or something ?      

thrillpowerseeker

Saw it on pirate dvd a while back...IT ROCKS!

Generally Contrary

Professor Bear - if you've got it I'd be grateful for a photocopy or scan of that - for academic purposes, honesty.

Conexus

Ditto to what GC said. Thanks. I'll email you my email address so you can send the fore mentioned attatchment, if you have it, and if you be so kind :)

Last of the V8's

Totally awsome movie, got it on R1 DVD.Looking to buy the Directors cut gift set.
Very faithfull adaption, totally cool.

Marbles

I'm downloading it from lovely eMule, will let you know...
Remember - dry hair is for squids

WoD

?9.99 region 3 from cd-wow (2 disc set with stacks of extras)- got it a while back and it's very good.  looks lovely - particularly the opening scenes which set the movie up nicely and a firly faithful to the comics.

chopper666

Watched it back in June on a pirate vcd (crappy sound though) then bought the region 1 dvd and finally took my son to see it on the big screen last night. Excellent film, one of the best comic adaptations I have seen since The Crow.

Marc