Main Menu

New Poll: Do you wear glasses, contacts or any other visual aid?

Started by 2000AD Online, 26 September, 2004, 06:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukdane

If you lost your eye-sight, would you stop buying 2000ad, or would you still buy it, and get someone to read it to you?
Cheers

-Daney

wrighty47

After my cornea transplant I was effectively "blind" for a bit. Eventually I could make out the pics but not the text. At this point I asked/made the missus read me my comics! So...erm... yeah, I'd still get it!

Alan!

Queen Firey-Bou

hurrah for the missis !  were the thrills still as thrilling ?

i'm big on the prutty pictures me, all script & no image would make it a very odd new kind o thrill , but by hell yes... if i went deef too, then i suppose i could always sniff the pages.

Bad Andy

I'm just colour blind (so no fire service for me) but other than that my eyesight is pretty tip top.

However I reckon I will have to wear glasses in the future so I call people who do wear glasses 'speccy' as often as I can before I to become one of their number. Childish I know, but it gets me through the day.

We are the speccies. We will assimilate you. When we can find you.

Bad Andy

wrighty47

Erm, the thrills weren't "as" thrilling but beggars can't really be chooses. There no real substiture for the whole experience but sometimes you just have to put up with the hand yer dealt.

Maybe it was more bearable coz I knew it wasn't permanent.

Alan!

Queen Firey-Bou

indeed, nothing like a scare to make ee appriciate that which is taken for granted. i spent best part o couple o years having trouble walking & in great pain, needlessly too , thanks NHS.  so now running , jumping ( cautiously) & general stompery are a luxury that i am very happy about.

bodies have a limited shelf life, look after them boys n girls.

mondocoyote

"i spent best part o couple o years having trouble walking & in great pain"

those boots do look a little uncomfortable ;)

esoteric ed

No glasses for me except the ones that contain dirty beer or a cheeky red ine, I am left handed though, but only when it comes to drawing or writing ;-)

Edhttp://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:O7b1vXYjvc4J:www.index.hu/forum/wagnerur/personaz/pers_jpg/popeye.jpg">

Dudley

Jared Katooie

Yep. Plus My eyesight will improve instead of deteriorate as I get older!

If only I had someone to read things with...

W. R. Logan

>Logan would probably win though he's blind as a bat if I remember correctly.

???

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Oddboy

I've got some shades. For when it's sunny like.

They gave me glasses once, but I never wear them - unless I want to see Magic-Eye pictures really clearly.  Otherwise they just make things seem closer then they are, which meant it was difficult to pick things up. If I wanted to be that close to something, I'd move closer to it.
Better set your phaser to stun.

gavzilla

Right eye -2.00
Left eye -2.50

My left eye is paralysed in one direction though, and this gets worse when I'm drunk. Remind me to demonstrate at Dreddcon.

feridian

I've worn glasses since I was five - don't know my prescription but left eye twice as bad as right. So when I wear ordinary shades I feel lopsided.

Also left-handed.