Main Menu

New Poll: Do you wear glasses, contacts or any other visual aid?

Started by 2000AD Online, 26 September, 2004, 06:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Kelly

slightly serious addition to this thread.

As a new spec wearer, can you give any tips on avoiding cloudy/smeary lenses.  Been having problems all day, and the stock cleaning cloth seems shite.

Dan

Quirkafleeg

Cleaning glasses - I use soapy water then polish it off with kitchen roll.

Eventually your brain will start to filer out the smears (though the 'starlight' effect still annoys me at the cinema sometimes so I usually clean my glasses before I go in)

Can't remember my prescription but I'm the most short-sighted person I've ever actually met... most peope wince when they put my glasses on.

WoD

Dan,

Practise and familiarisation.  

Plus get yourself a good quality lens cloth from an opticians (Pentax or something - only a couple of quid) though as they are better than the standard crap.

Trout

What a bunch of wankers. Heh, heh, heh.

- Specky Trout

WoD

Well...I was around 15-16 when my eyesight started to go....

Trout

Cleaning glasses?

Well, today I cleaned week-old paint drops (I redid the bathroom ceiling last weekend) off my glasses with the back of a biro.

Pentax cleaning cloths?
What's wrong with a dishtowel?

You posh gits.

- Trout

Wils

I haven't got horrendously bad eyesight, but I'm short-sighted in my might and long-sighted in my left, which makes my eyesight...odd.

Eventually, I'll have to switch to contacts so I don't end up looking like a bizarre Patrick Moore caricature.

Wils

...short-sighted in my might

Extract taken from Conan the Optician.

Quirkafleeg

There's a big difference between cleaning 'glass' glasses or plastic ones...  

Glass is easier to keep clean but I have to have high refractive index plastic to avoid looking like Mr Magoo....

markyh

I wear glasses at the moment, but I'm getting laser eyes fitted in about three weeks time.

Can't wait!

LARF

"...or any other visual aid?"

Like what?

A dog?

Trout

A monocle?

That would be great.

Perhaps one of us uses a telescope?

- Trout