Main Menu

This weeks cover

Started by Dominic O'Rourke, 16 October, 2001, 09:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominic O'Rourke

Salmon, where has he been? This cover has to be a favorite for the future. Anyone who cares to ask me (go on ask, please, please) will tell you I'm a big Batman fan, and my favorite works of batman have been the animated adventures, which span off the cartoon series, and then superman, and now JLA 'adventures' style cartoons, there has been many suggestions over the years for a dredd cartoon, and Salmon gets my vote for being the stylist/artist for the series, based solely on this cover. go on  you know it's a better idea than another movie!
Member No. 10

Dominic O'Rourke

at first I thought I've never seen him before, but then the handy website thingy shows his stuff from the Meg, I remember the Judge Karyen stuff, if I'm right as black and white inked work, but this cover is not so different from that artwork, what makes it stand out as georgious work is the colour, Blythe take a bow!!
Member No. 10

kertap

I think mysel f if a cartoon was to be done it would be best if it wa done in a kind of spawn way. You know not suitable for young kids. Not that I have anything against young kids just that other wise it would end up being like lawman of the future and we all know how much that sucked. But that's my opinion and i like violent cartoons anyway... (can you say Ghost in the Shell).

Dominic O'Rourke

Here in lies the problem with 2000AD, I started reading at the tender age of 6 (yeah feb '77) and looking back at the reprints in this months Meg, I can see why I'm no longer interested in those kids marketted stuff, but hey thats the future generation of comic readers, I think it may be a mistake for 2kad to have one fingered salutes on the front cover, using swear words (you'd never catch me swearing, mum ;) ), it's this sort of stuff that Mothers Groups thrive on, saying all that, I'd love to see the violence, nudity and searing that makes such good comics, moved to the monthly meg (or better still make it weekly) and have 2kad targeted to a younger audience.
Member No. 10

O Lucky Stevie!

i remeber as wee one in '77 being eelctrified by the use "hell!" in harlem heroes? what's worse, cuss words like anybody would hear in the street (etc) or pictures of somehody having their head bitten off by a bloomin' great polar bear? (loved shako, by the way, but the giant spiders in flesh gave me nightmares at the time).

ah, the eternal quandary of censorship.

shuddering as the ghost of mary whitehouse rears it's head,

steven
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"