Main Menu

Subscribing and free gifts

Started by 2000AD Online, 16 December, 2004, 08:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Floyd-the-k

well put pvs!
 If a problem is due to the people Rebellion is paying, then it`s Rebellion`s responsibility to put a rocket up them or replace them with people who can do the job.

Me, I`m pretty happy with the subs service these last few years. Everything has shown up promptly, and the problems which have happened have been fixed quickly and fairly politely.
I got a mean machine mug, but there`s been nothing since then. I must look into this.

Max Kon

i sub yearly, it's cheeper, and i've got my mug and magnets, I did hve to battle for my mug though

Devons Daddy

i for one. find denise in subs a pleasure to deal with.

as for the free gifts,it seems the system is slightly off centre, but now they know i think they will look into it.which i am sure they will.

your tale of woe is terrible though test 4 echo.
i am all the way out here in singapore and have nothing but praise for the subs team.
once in a blue moon a late prog, given the local postal service i would say thats good.

but i say SUBS top team.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

paulvonscott

Really it was a bit over the top, mainly due to some entusiastic, pre and post pubbing, with some pubbing inbetween.  I'd had rather a good night last night!

The terse statement was originally made in relation to another matter (people appearing to be on the blag, which I wasn't entirely coinvinced by), and only brought up wider problems later.  I imagine now they know, they'll probably sort it out.  It's in their interest to.  So probably a bit rich for me to launch into one!  Still, terse is not PR gold.

I think the problem with the damp/missing/damaged progs is probably the fault of the royal mail.  When I had a problem, phoning subs got it sorted, but if I'd had to phone more than once or twice, I think I'd be getting fed up.

On a side note, my scientific studies have produced an answer for wrinkled meg syndrome.  Basically if they are left in any damp environment (such as my cars, who all seem to contract the innsmouth look off me), they will wrinkle.  I'm afraid I can picture many a damp sorting office. And my guess is, it's a result of the paper and binding not liking damp and going 'sproing!'

I still intend to subscribe this Christmas, with ma precious bawbies.  But you have to feel for Test 4 who seems to have had a bloomin' miserable time of it.

Keef Monkey

I'm really happy with my subscription, couldn't imagine life without it. Have to put in my two cents worth on the free gift thing though. I was told when I subscribed that I would only receive any form of free gifts if I paid my sub a year at a time, and that if I wanted the mug (which was the gift at the time) I would have to pay extra, which I stupidly agreed to do, and to this date I've never received anything. Think the sub runs out in january so here's hoping I get something, even a lump of coal would be nice to show I've not been forgotten completely. Couldn't do without my sub but was very irritated at the time that the ads had misled me.

Trout

I love subbing. It means I can't forget to go to the shops for my prog.

Keef Monkey

oops, should add that the reason I felt misled was because NOWHERE on the advert I had in front of me when I called did it say the free gifts only applied to people who paid the entire year in one go.

Bolt-01

I pay for my sub monthly and when I took it out (the sub, Wils) I got the Death Key-ring. There was nothing said about not getting the gift unless I paid extra.

Keef: Did you just sub for the prog or both prog and Meg?

Bolt-01

The Amstor Computer

I subscribe monthly, and until a couple of months ago I've never had anything beyond one or two minor problems. The only major issue over the past few months has been with my Meg subscription frequently arriving damp and wrinkled, a subject I've talked about before.

After a handful of emails to Denise, this seems to have been sorted. I would prefer Rebellion used slightly better stock, as it would avoid the whole issue, but subs appear to have taken my complaints and acted on them to solve the problem.

As for free gifts, apart from my initial subscription (paid for a whole year of prog and Meg) I've had nothing since moving to monthly. IIRC, there is no gift option for the monthly subscriber, so this doesn't really bother me.

The only thing I would say - and please, don't take this the wrong way - is that, if you're having a problem with your sub, or if you're unhappy with the service, COMPLAIN to the relevant people. It won't get any better if problems aren't brought to their attention...

IndigoPrime

:: Seems I'm the only one here pissed off with subs dept.

To clarify, I'm not annoyed with the subs dept. The Heroclix figure is what you get from "Tharg" when you get a letter printed. In his infinite wisdom (or that of his dispatch droid), mine was set in a standard letter envelope, which isn't exactly a great method of sending such an item.

As for the message at the head of this thread, yes, it could have been a tad more friendly, couldn't it?

ukdane

I've had ALL my free gifts that I've been promised.

When I renewed this year, I got a second set of fridge magnets- shame if they'd arrived a week later, they'd have been the poster (not strictly true). They arrived about a month after I renewed my sub.
Cheers

-Daney

Keef Monkey

Yeah, I subscribed to both, and the extreme editions. Feel cheeky complaining about it in case I make a tit of myself by being in the wrong, but if you got yours and you pay monthly then maybe I have a case!

Devons Daddy

you have a case.
i pay monthly, i get EE prog and meg and freegifts, the lighter ones i may point out, which i think is fair.

i have had key rings,posters,a tshirt amongst that list. never got a mug, did not expect too given the wieght.

i have mentioned before.
you want to consider an Ecard to denise if she has been helpful.
i send her one every year. just to say thanks.
small but at least you acknowledge a job well  done.
we often talk of her here, and she is excellent with follow ups.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

IndigoPrime

Maybe it's like Santa: they know if you've been "good" and only then do you get the gifts. To be frank, I didn't know subscribers were due anything. IIRC, I'm on my second renewal now, and I don't recall receiving any freebies.

Max Kon

There were problems with the mugs. I didn't get mine for several months.