Main Menu

1422 - Gun Law!

Started by DavidXBrunt, 17 January, 2005, 05:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlsborg Expert.

help im being irradicated

Banners

Slaine ends with BUNNY BOILING?

Do you think we'll get to see a flash of the Goddess's crotch as she crosses her legs? Either hers or James Harries' new one - either will do for me.

M@

the3rdman

wrong film reference but still may be interesting !

Banners

wrong film reference but still may be interesting !

Oops! Damn me and my fatal James Harries attraction.

M@

DavidXBrunt

Lauren. It's Lauren. Get with the times, Daddy-o.

ukdane

No one's mentioned the ending of Dredd...

who's DEATH do you think Gaia's forseen?

It's written to make you think Dredd, but we all know this is unlikely- so, who is "HE"?
Cheers

-Daney

Tiplodocus

It's the anachronism of "bunny boling" I don't like in Slaine - it always makes me think the writer is just churning it out and can't be bothered (except in stuff like Hercules where it's deliberate I guess).

I think I liked Boo's cover but I don't really know where Dredd's other arm would be - I fear if we saw the full image he's look like he was ballet dancing.

Cabals was top for me - as if we hadn't already guessed that Magister was going to reappear, Gordon really subtely reinforces it this week.  It may be just that I'm stupid but Cabal's just keeps going in ways I don't expect - possibly because Gordon is winging it ("Oh shit, I need another character to do the rough tough shooty stuff, best introduce a mad jock) but probably because he's so good at this.

I liekd Dredd too but I thought the gore was unwarranted (but I love the way that it looks like Dredd doesn't actually bother to fire, he's just stood in front of all the blazing guns).

Dante is just carry on space pirates and I don't like it tbh.  And another appallingly bad bit of design from Mr Burns. That submarine looks like Tiny Tips designed it with crayons.

I haven't connected with Second City Blues yet - somehow - I don't think I will.  
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Bolt-01

Mini Bolt raised with me the question of repentance after reading the Dredd strip. He's well aware of the fact that Innocenti (cute name) was a former assassin murderess, but he felt sorry for her treatment at the hands of the law.

I explained that was what Wagner wanted to do, to create a sympathetic villain who, because of extreme head trauma, has genuinely repented of her former life. He seems to understand.

It may be an age-old method of telling a story, but Mr Wagner did it so well.

Other than that, the youth of today likes SCB, and thinks the art on Slaine is magnificent.

Bolt-01

Oddboy

Bah! The site seemed to go down just after I'd written my review. Anyone else notice the site not working for a bit?

Re-review:

2nd City - why have alien live balls if you're going to stop the game as soon as they do anything that a regular ball wouldn't?

Sl?ine - who cares. Why'd he just let the Elric-twin walk away? Why would he want to take his tribe to this demon infested place anyway?
Impressive pictures, but too photo-stripy for my liking.

Nikolai - not liking this series so much since the Katarina story arc has been running - it's seemed to have lost its sci-fi edge. Bring back Simon Fraser!

Dredd - great, shorter then I was expecting though. Kinda felt sorry for the perps in that 'showdown'. Hope to see more of what Psi-Div do with Gaia, and how Dredd rounds up the rest of the Total War group.

Caballistics, Inc. - Aces. Sheer aces. May Gordon continue to wing it so well for as long as possible! Dom's art is brilliant. I too, would like to get my mits on that last page!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Oddboy

Yeah Bolt - that's was a nice extra dimension to the story.

Dredd's always been like that, example the Christmas story 2003 when he arrested "The Good Man" for his previous crimes.
Repentance & rehabilitation aren't enough for The Law, for him 'Justice' must include a punishment.

And that is fair enough, from a police/government point-of-view. The justice dept couldn't really judge people based on how sorry they are - everyone would claim to be very sorry when they're caught if it got them a reduced sentance.
From a Christian p-o-v, I don't want to see her punished if she is sorry and reformed - but Dredd has to work based on law and order, not a moral highground.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Pyroxian

Great cover!

>Hot Boo Cook Dredd action coming up in a few
>months, earthlets! I've seen a couple of pages
>of the first episode. Very yummy.

:) me = happy :)

Steve

Trout

Cabs: Best Thing In The Prog.

Dredd: Bloody good stuff.

Dante: Swashbucklin' fun. I like it a lot.

SCB: Good enough as filler. Not thrilling.

Slaine: Large bucket of stinking shit.

Each of these is an opinion I have expressed in more detail in the past, so I'll leave it at that.

I also quite liked Bou's Dredd cover.

- Trout

Krustabi

Cover - I don't like the helmet, but everything is excellent. Boo Cook never ceases to amaze.

Dredd - An excellent script mired by poorly suited art. Best cliffhanger in years, although the cynic in me is predicting an eventual let-down. (This isn't to say I'm really looking forward to it).

SCB - The only way to describe this is "Inoffensive". I'm glad it's here, but it's far from a masterpiece. Both the script and art have shown a markedimprovement.

Slaine - Bad, bad badbadbadbadbadbadBAD. This looks as if it was written in 15 minutes, it's dull, uninspired, the jokes are rubbish (even by Mills's recent standards). I really wish Langley would be given better scripts in future.

Cabs - Excellent, every week I think it can't improve, every week it does.

Dante - It has boobs. It good. But seriously, it's a solid enough story, nowt special.

Droid Life - I think Cat should put the kibosh on the "P14's rubbish ideas" scripts. The art, as ever, is wonderful.

Matt

Not sure the ending of Dredd was attempting to set up a future story in any way. Just read it that Gaia was predicting any old cits death. But maybe I'm wrong.

Satanist

Cover = Another stock dredd pose to add to the pile, alright I suppose

Dredd = Ggggggggggreat, I do hope thats a hint of another story at the end. I really like the art and think the 3 Total War stories will make a crackin collection, brilliant script and 3 fab artists.

2nd City Blue = After a week of wondering what would happen with the ball...It turns into a fucking Furby or Tribble.Thats.Just.Shite!

Slaine = Slaines stepdad is attacked by Elfrics long lost brother while back in the real world a crazed stalker wreaks revenge. When did this turn into a Celtic Eastenders? I didnt mind the bit at the end as it meant I'd managed to finish another episode. Shite.

Cab Inc = Best thing in the prog (including dredd) by a mile! Only one thing bothered me ***Nerd Alert*** If Ness threw the guy through the glass wouldnt that be a dead giveaway that he didnt top himself? I only picked up on this as I saw the same thing happen on Scooby Doo ;D

Dante = OK, not my thang.

P14 & Letters means this was very nearly a fantastic prog, as is its only great!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?