Main Menu

2000AD & Meg Previews...

Started by The Amstor Computer, 23 February, 2005, 12:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Amstor Computer

Some really interesting stuff here, but for anyone who doesn't want to know what's coming down the line a few months from now, look away now!

2000 AD PROG. #1428-1432

Britain's award-winning sci-fi, fantasy, and horror anthology comic, 2000 AD continues to stand at the cutting edge of graphic entertainment. Russian rogue and wanted man Nikolai Dante meets up with an old love in desperate circumstances in "How Could You Believe Me?" by Robbie Morrison (The Authority) and John Burns; future hitmen Sinister Dexter are trapped in traffic in "Life's a Beach," by Dan Abnett (The Legion) and Steve Yeowell (The Invisibles); there's a fight to the final whistle in "Second City Blues," by
Kek-W and Warren Pleece (Kinetic); future technology meets ancient spirits in "Tiger Sun, Dragon Moon," by Steve Parkhouse (Angel Fire); and zero tolerance lawman Judge Dredd discovers horrors lurking in the radiated ruins of Mega-City One by John Wagner and a selection of guest artists!

JUDGE DREDD MEGAZINE #230

Maximum justice every four weeks from the worlds of Judge Dredd and 2000 AD! This issue: Judge Dredd versus Bato Loco, the Crazy Guy, in "Head Job" (Gordon Rennie & Simon Coleby). Also: Shimura: "Deus X" (3 of 3: Robbie Morrison & Andy Clarke); Anderson Psi-Division: "Lock-In" (4 of 4: Alan Grant & Arthur Ranson); "The Bogie Man: Return To Casablanca" (4 of 7: John Wagner, Alan Grant, & Robin Smith). Plus, features, interviews, competitions, and more.

2000 AD PROGS #1433-1436

Continuing to influence comics the world over with its dark future visions and satirical bite, 2000 AD is Britain' award-winning SF anthology title, featuring a stunning line-up of top writers and artists! European folklore meets the Wild West in brand-new horror series American Gothic by Ian Edginton (Scarlet Traces) and Mike Collins as creatures of legend flee to the New World; star-troopers The V.C.s are counting their losses and going undercover, courtesy of Dan Abnett (The Legion) and Anthony Williams (The Unfunnies); Russian rogue Nikolai Dante gambles on the most dangerous game in "Primal Screams" by Robbie Morrison (The Authority) and John Burns; Celtic barbarian Slaine begins the final battle against the sea demons, courtesy of Pat Mills and Clint Langley; and lawman Judge Dredd descends into the abyss to face an ancient nightmare, by Gordon Rennie and Boo Cook!

2000 AD PROGS # 1437 - 1440

Still at the top of its game after twenty-eight years of continuous publication, 2000 AD remains Britain?s most widely respected and influential SF anthology comic! Celtic barbarian Slaine hunts down the remaining sea demons in "Odacon" by Pat Mills and Clint Langley; creatures of legend seeking a life in the New World are pursued across the plains of the old West in horror series "American Gothic" by Ian Edginton (Kingdom of the Wicked) and Mike Collins; and star warriors The V.C.s discover the awful truth behind the second Geek war, courtesy of Dan Abnett (Legion) and Anthony Williams (The Unfunnies). Plus future lawman Judge Dredd heads out into the Cursed Earth to stop an apocalyptic rock show in "Radstock" by Gordon Rennie and Karl Richardson.

JUDGE DREDD MEGAZINE #231

FIVE NEW THRILLS THIS ISSUE! Judge Dredd journeys to Banana City in search of an old adversary in 'Monsterus Mashinashuns' (1 of 4: John Wagner & Carlos Ezquerra); back in the Big Meg, a nightmare begins for Anderson - Psi-Division in 'City of Dead' (1 of 6: Alan Grant & Arthur Ranson); the camp vamp hits the Radlands of Ji in Devlin Waugh: 'All Hell' (1 of 6: John Smith & Colin MacNeil); Sino-Cit detective Johnny Woo gets 'A Bullet in the Head' (1 of 3: Gordon Rennie & PJ Holden); something's swarming in South-Am in Zancudo (1 of 3: Simon Spurrier & Cam Kennedy); and the madness continues in The Bogie Man: 'Return To Casablanca' (5 of 7: John Wagner, Alan Grant & Robin Smith). Plus: features, interviews, competitions and more!

Satanist

"Judge Dredd journeys to Banana City in search of an old adversary in 'Monsterus Mashinashuns' "

I hope thats PJ Maybe!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

The Amstor Computer

Oh, it's got to be - Banana City *and* a misspelt title? Pretty much has to be Maybe...

The Spurrier/Kennedy thing looks very interesting, though, as does the Dev Waugh strip - and perhaps we'll soon have enough material for a *third* DW book?

Queen Firey-Bou

european folklore & wild west ? american gothic sounds right up my street.
looking forward to Boo's dredd too.

Endjinn

Wagner and Ezquerra AND PJ Maybe? Get in!

Although I must say I'm also getting itchy fingers at the prospect of Boo Cook on Dredd.

Richmond Clements

And I'm counting up those Fantasy Football points...

Smiley

Have to say the only thing out of that lot not currently running that I don't wanna miss is Monsterus Mashinashuns, and maybe American Gothic.

ukdane

Kicking myself for removing Dante from my FF team (I had him in it, before the start date :-( )

I noticed in Previews for April that there was NO Meg solicited. Is it not out in April- or is to do with the 4 weeks date thingy?

Or maybe it was an April Fools ;-)
Cheers

-Daney

The Amstor Computer

All the Megs are in my Previews (downloaded editions), but one month has two issues & one has none. Not sure on the months, but all of the Megs are solicited.

Dan Kelly

Some nice stuff there, and some good points.

After Mike Collins pimping American Gothic for so long (did he have it at Dreddcon 2003?), I am really looking forward to that...

Dan

ukdane

I can download previews??? Direct to my hardrive as and when it is available? INSTEAD OF HAVING TO PAY SHIT LOADS TO A) BUY IT, AND B) GET IT SENT OVER HERE!!!!! NOW THAT WOULD REDUCE POSTAGE AND SAVE ME ABOUT ?3 FOR OTHER COMICS.

I've been doing that for 7 years now (quick maths previews = circa ?3 postage = circa ?2 (so ?5 a month for 84 months! THAT'S ?420 I could have saved!!!!

Can I have a link please?
Cheers

-Daney

Grant Goggans

I read Previews online at Silver Bullet Comics.  Start saving now!

--Grant

Link: http://www.silverbulletcomics.com" target="_blank">Silver Bullet Comics

The Amstor Computer

.and as well as Grant's link to SBC, you could try Comic Book Resources. They normally have Previews up & online in plain text format within a week or two of release, though they have been getting sloppier recently...

Link: http://comicbookresources.com/r.cgi/prev" target="_blank">Previews at CBR...