Main Menu

New Poll: A gun's held to your head. You must commission a 2000AD musical. What'll it be?

Started by 2000AD Online, 29 March, 2005, 09:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

A gun's held to your head.  You must commission a 2000AD musical.  What'll it be?

Link: Click to vote

Dudley

Please note that Judge Dredd and halo Jones are both MIA - Dredd cos he'd win and Halo cos, well, it's too blatantly obvious.

Jared Katooie

Floyd-the-k

I would have liked to see Dredd there. Especially since 'Cal the Opera'.

Oddboy

I've voted for Sinister Dexter and The Simping Detective.

Either should work pretty well.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Art

Well, BIG DAVE, obviously. I can see the protesting crowds now...

Tanky

Why do we have to vote and not make one up?

Dudley

Ah, yer getting ahead of yerself there Tanky....

Noisybast

Simple. It's got to be SHAKARA! just for question mark power...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Tanky

ming

From the venerable 2000ad film pitch thread, I bring you the musical talents of Andrew Lloyd Webber Dudley...  My only question: will this bet getting a Broadway or a West End debut?

Benny, Bjorn, Agnetha and the other one are having the goofy adventures all over the universe!  It is so exciting!  But when Benny accidentally is playing the wrong chord on the navigation-keyboard, they are being sucked into a hell dimension!

As they choking are on the thick clouds of chemical gas, steps forward the Rogue Trooper, with the crazy blue skin!  Very frightening!  So Bjorn runs to the keyboard and is playing Fernando!  The girls they are singing, and what is this?  The Rogue Trooper is boogying on down!  A real funky man!  Then Agnetha is grabbing the mike, and a boogy session is resulting!

We were sick and tired of everything
When we crash-landed last night on Nuuuu-Earth
All we do is fight and kill and sing
Wishing for a disco reee-birth (Wishing for a disco reee-birth)
So imagine we were glad to see him coming (Glad to see him coming)
Suddenly we feel all right (And suddenly it's gonna be)
And suddenly it's gonna be alright (And suddenly it's gonna be)
And it's gonna be so different
When we attack the Norts toniiight.

Tonight the  
Super (Rogue) Trooper chips are gonna find me
Shooting those Nort scum (Sup-pah-per (Rogue) Troop-pah-per)
Breathing in that stum (Sup-pah-per (Rogue) Troop-pah-per)
With a telekinetic talking gun
Tonight the  
Super (Rogue) Trooper's fighting ways will thrill me
With his skin so blue (Sup-pah-per (Rogue) Troop-pah-per)
Like they always do (Sup-pah-per (Rogue) Troop-pah-per)
Let's hope they never try to re-invent you...

Funt Solo

Looks like I'm out on a limb with Caballistics:  but honestly...lots of demons doing the Can-Can...c'mon, people!

Zenith I figure you could hide a lot of the musical element away behind the fact that Acid Archie, Zenith and Voltage were all pop stars anyway, and Masterman could come on and sing "Springtime for Hitler".  Plus you had all those goody two-shoes heroes from other dimensions that were down on their luck:  I can see them all covered in soot singing some luverly east end "ooh it's tough being a londoner when Mr Why? just zapped me girl" etc.

I also went with The Simping Detective...which I don't need to explain, do I?

Of course, they already did a Robo-Hunter musical, which I hated with a passion...so really, you would have to put a gun to my head...but that wasn't a request...back off okay!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Art

Lets hope no writers see this. I can't endure another plague of Buffy-Style "musical" episodes.

Mike Carroll

Nikolai Dante seems to me to be the most "operatic" of the comic's stories, though I can definitely see Al's Baby working!

BTW: This subject was covered a couple of months back in an article on the 2000 AD Review website!

-- Mike C

Link: http://www.2000adreview.co.uk/features/sprout/2005/sproutmusic/sproutmusic.shtml" target="_blank">The Sprout of Music