Main Menu

Anyone want to discuss comix in general?

Started by death monkey 23, 12 November, 2001, 01:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

death monkey 23

I know they are, but I didn't want to alienate any LinkinShite heads QUITE as soon as I signed up to this message board.

You spelled industrial wrong.

death monkey 23

Filth Pig is wicked but Darkspoon is shit.  Hopefully they will go mad again now that the DEATH MACHINE AGE IS UPON US ONCE MORE.

death monkey 23

Kid a is the best thing they've done.

death monkey 23

Yeah man.
Except, German glitch stuff?  What's that?  Is it one of those weird, WEIRD industrial sub-genres where it's like sampling some Algerians being massacred for no reason (in 1974), and then putting on a beat that's a sample of a drum made of live human flesh or whatever.

Or not?
Is it actually something much more comprehensible?

O Lucky Stevie!

cool. (that's what i get for typing quickly so i don't miss my last bus home)

hey death monkey, don't you just want to slap eminem & tell him to quit his whining?

steven lenfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

O Lucky Stevie!

oh, & i forgot the iron maiden cover that kevin o'neill ganked for the design of a terminator's helemet near the end of nemesis book i (or was it actually the other way round?)

steven lenfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

O Lucky Stevie!

more kind of a minimalist dub/post rock/art techno thang (god, genre labels are the stifling suffocation of music, aren't they?).

started off with oval, doing the digital equivalent of kool herc inventing turntablism by vandalising compact discs (scratching them, spraypainting them, dipping them in olive oil, etc) then sampling the poor unfortunate cd players malfunctioning as they attempt to play said discs, & composing from that.

the best two oval albums imho are '94diskont' & 'systemisch' (which featured aphex twin's 'selected ambient works ii' as one of its sound sources). both are available on by thrill jockey.

the first album is unavailable, & unintentionally hilarious, as they actually sing on it, with these earnest german choir boy voices.

"aero deko" from 'systemisch' is sampled on "unison" on bjork's 'vespertine', which also features san franciso glitchers matmos predominately throughout the album.

that's enough for to start with,

steven lenfant terrible

Link: http://www.thrilljockey.com/bandpage.html?artistnum=28" target="_blank">oval info at thrill jockey

Thread Zero