Main Menu

Constantine DVD extras

Started by Adrian Bamforth, 07 August, 2005, 10:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian Bamforth

I was just wondering if anyone recommends the Constantine DVD extras - alternate ending, comic to film documentary etc...

I found the movie surprisingly good stuff, especially the excellent Tilda Swinton. The story resolution was great, though the last scene with Constantine looking over the (fake) city looks like he's about to declare how he must fight crime and seems tacked on to make it feel like the first of a franchise, so perhaps the original ending was better...? Also, the commentary which I have heard mentions a major character being entirely edited out.

Not sure why they didn't just change his young driver's name from Chas to something else though.

ADE

therev

I found the movie surprisingly good stuff...Um have you ever read the comic at all?

One of the VERY few comics I bought since issue 1, maybe I have to much of a fixed mind on what the charater should be.
Also it didn't help the film was as dull as dishwater in parts.

Adrian Bamforth

I'm a bit fan of the comic especially when Sean Philips drew it.

Well, Keanu's not a great actor and I was one of those that went to the DC message board the screenwriter frequented and begged him to make them reconsider making him an American. Perhaps my expectations were sufficiently lowered.

However, I found despite these things they did manage to capture in my mind at least the kind of role the character had on Earth. Minus the humour, though we do see him at his lowest point.

I've been reading the first Hellblazer episodes recently and actually find the writing pretty awful at times, especially the overwritten narration.

ADE

Dunk!

The deleted scenes reveal a whole new character edited out of the cinema version and the alternate ending is good (slight spoiler coming) though is a bit sugary which could be why we get the ending we do.

If ya liked the film then the DVD won't disappoint.

Tulkas (stopped reading Hellblazer after Ennis left)
"Trust we"