Main Menu

IMAF 2005

Started by Byron Virgo, 17 October, 2005, 09:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Byron Virgo

I do have a real name, you know Mark - you haven't forgotten I'm me again, have you?

Byron Virgo

Off soon - look forward to seeing whoever manages to make it down there.

WoD

Last time I try to make Ed look enigmatic

Byron Virgo

As if I needed your help.

WoD

Heh...now..tell...are you having fun?

Byron Virgo

Not in the last five months...

WoD

but the last 5 minutes....?

Byron Virgo

In the last five minutes or the five minutes before you wrote that?

Aaron Smurf Murphy

Bloody hell that was a laugh, starting with Byron using me a public whipping boy in respect to deadlines and artist speed which led to me muttering he was a bastard with the mic on in front of a panel audience before then daclaring that Manga Quake was all my fault anyway.

The comeuppence being that the panel managed to get him essentially admitting that MQ did'nt really need so many editors but nothing could stop them.

Sunday of course was great as me and Byron attempted to sabotage a giant wall manga project with audience participation. We wanted to turn what was a fun romp invented by visitors into an apocolyptic high school based story with a Grange Hill style "Just Say No!" campaign with doctor Who references and the ending being two characters fucked off their tits on speed, l.s.d and ketamin.  

We haven't yet been invited back.

Finn.

Byron Virgo

"Byron using me a public whipping boy in respect to deadlines and artist speed which led to me muttering he was a bastard with the mic on in front of a panel audience before then daclaring that Manga Quake was all my fault anyway."

Well, if you're going to just pass the microphone in my direction and say "Over to you", what do you expect me to do...?

"the panel managed to get him essentially admitting that MQ did'nt really need so many editors but nothing could stop them."

I think what I actually said was that I didn't think we needed the editor that we have, and that he should be replaced with me, as should the other editors, and that the whole book should be written and drawn and lettered by me, with a picture of me on the cover pointing furiously at myself.

"We wanted to turn what was a fun romp invented by visitors into an apocolyptic high school based story with a Grange Hill style "Just Say No!" campaign with doctor Who references and the ending being two characters fucked off their tits on speed, l.s.d and ketamin."

Yeah, somehow Paul didn't seem overly enthused by that prospect. You draw good Wolf Puppies, though.

"MICHAEL SHEARD LIVES!"

"We haven't yet been invited back."

Actually, I have - I'll be on a panel at Brighton.

WoD

BUMP - Did anyone win any awards at this event?

Byron Virgo

God, you really aren't paying attention, are you?

MangaQuake's own Michiru Morikawa got 1st for the 'Open Adult Manga/Storyboard' section, Joanna Zhou won the 'Student Children?s Manga/ Storyboard' category and Julia Bax won in the 'Open Children?s Character Design' section.

Link: http://www.imaf.co.uk/content.php?page=winners2005" target="_blank">You can see the winners here

Richmond Clements

He's paying enough attention to feed you the right question.

Byron Virgo

And then you have to go and blow the deal.

Way to go Rich - do you want to tell me the ending to The Empire Strikes Back too, whilst you're here?