Main Menu

Ford Perfect?

Started by 2000AD Online, 24 May, 2002, 07:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

Having mellowed in my opinion of AOTC after seeing it for a second time, I was wondering:

what if George Lucas had cast Harrison Ford as Jango Fett?

Well?

O Lucky Stevie!

>Well?

exactly;)

i've wet my knickers!
steven l'enfant terrible
(who's resolved not to see aotc unless there's a cute girl involved)
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

2000AD Online

'Well?', indeed.

I ask only 'cos the idea was based on a misconception I had that Han Solo was a Stormtrooper prior to his being a bounty hunter.

unclebacon

Attack of the clones was, i think, good evidence that georgy boy should let someone ELSE direct his films. There was lots of bits that should have been exciting, and where actually quite clever, but you just sat there and thought 'Oh. Things are blowing up. Hmmm.'.
Did anyone else notice how everything suddenly got cooler at the end when they starting playing the imperial death march? Who wrote the original score? it rocked.

red_lichtie

Original score for part IV - A New Hope - was by John Williams who also did ET, Superman and Star Trek.

RL

Tex Hex

Han Solo!? Bounty hunter!? Say that to my face...

I heard a similar thing but it was Boba fett who was the stormtrooper before being a bounty hunter. I had heard that Bobas armour was that of the origional clone troopers but Lucas appears to have changed his mind about the whole thing.

JTurner

Solo was just a smuggler, wasn't he?

As for Boba Fett's armour, a friend told me it was the uniform of a warrior cult of some kind. I just thought that he was a renegade. Also, wasnt the clone trooper's armour just a whitewashed wersion of Jango's, minus the backpack? The visor was certainly similar.

Tex Hex

Yup. Plain old smuggler. The rumour I heard about Han Solos involvement with the empire was that he was an officer within the fleet and feld after rescuing Chewie from torture. Or something.

I have heard the word "mandalorian" banded about in referance to Boba/Jango's armour. I believe these "mandalorians" are the afore mentioned warrior cult.

2000AD Online

'. . . Prior to his being a bounty hunter'.

My lack of knowledge with regard to Star Wars lore never ceases to amaze me.

Next you'll be telling me your man Vader is Luke's papa.

Tu-plang

Han was an officer in the Imperial Army, hence the flying skills.  Boba's outfit is his father's old stuff, his fathers old stuff was from some warrior cult.  Han rescued Chewie from torture, and can speak Wookie because Han was a slave along with a few Wookies when he was a boy.  Luke Skywalker's hair is at it's best in Return of the Jedi.

Right?

Buddy

HAN SOLO WAS NEVER A BOUNTY HUNTER - HE WAS A SUMGGLER!!!! WHAT FILM ARE YOU WATCHING.