Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

Gutted about poor old Bill Paxton - quite a shocker for him to go at such a young age.
As well as turns in all the great films mentioned, I'd highly recommend checking out Frailty in which he both directs and stars. A really underrated gem in my opinion and it's a shame he didn't direct more.

Goaty

Quote from: JamesC on 26 February, 2017, 08:16:33 PM
I'd highly recommend checking out Frailty in which he both directs and stars. A really underrated gem in my opinion and it's a shame he didn't direct more.

I agree, it is in Netflix

IAMTHESYSTEM

Damn. You'd think he'd go amongst the last of that group Biehn, Henrikson etc. Awful news for Oscar night.   
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Zarjazzer

Really sad news about Bill Paxton he appeared in so many great films that I love. Very sad loss and sympathies to his friends and family and colleagues.  :( :( :(
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

sheridan

O Lucky Stevie!

Hideo Ikeezumi, founder of the legendary Japanese experimental label P.S.F. Records whose roster included Keiji Haino, Ghost & Acid Mothers Temple, amongst others.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 28 February, 2017, 05:54:42 AM
Hideo Ikeezumi, founder of the legendary Japanese experimental label P.S.F. Records whose roster included Keiji Haino, Ghost & Acid Mothers Temple, amongst others.
Oh SHIT NO!  :'(

rogue69

Clyde Stubblefield, the  James Brown's Funky drummer, one of the most widely sampled drum breaks ever,  passed away aged 73  of kidney failure.

rogue69

Former Formula 1 and motorcycling world champion John Surtees has died at the age of 83.

Krakajac

Murray Ball - creator of Footrot Flats.  A big loss to the NZ community.

CrazyFoxMachine

Professor Bear

That plagiarist stole his whole act from Calvin Klein.

Rately

Bernie Wrightson  :(

One of the most talented artists to ever raise a pencil. I didn't have much access to comic books as a youngster, but I was blessed to have parents who bought me a reprint magazine that featured his Swamp Thing run. Loved it.

He pretty much added atmosphere and weight to anything he drew, and some of his Frankenstein art has to be seen to be believed.

RIP, fella.

Colin YNWA

The passing of both Bernie Wrightson and Chuck Berry see the passign of two incredible talents who've helped shape the mediums they've worked in.

That's pretty sad news in both cases.