Main Menu

DreddCon This Year?

Started by Abbadon, 12 July, 2006, 01:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abbadon

Does anyone know if there will be a DreddCon this year? I'll be making one of my semi annual trips from the colonies to the Motherland later this year and would like to make it part of the festivities. IIRC it's usually held in October but we're a couple of months behind prog wise in the states so by the time I see ads its already over, so any info on dates, location etc would be welcome.

Thanks!

Wils

From what I gather, there's no Dreddcon this year, but there might well be a big do of some kind next February to mark the Prog's 30th birthday.

Matt Timson

*sputter*  

What is that revolting cat thing icon?!?  I demand the return of the cock with teeth icon!

Pffft...

Dudley

That's Harry Hill's cat, that is.  I agree it's far too classy for Wils.

Wils

Stouffer *stays*, so you'd better get used to it. Did I complain any of the times you've changed yours or even when you stopped being johnnythighbrows? No I didn't, so shut your bloody noise, twat-chops. ;)

monty--

What are the Dreddcons like anyway? Are they much kop?

BrianO

Once I've got through enough Hypno-therapy to recall without screaming and passing out in fetal position i'll let you know.

Trout

Dreddcon is brilliant.

Although they increasingly (for me) had little to do with comics and more and more to do with large getting drunk.
:-)

- Trout

Keef Monkey

Having never been to one we've resolved to make it to the next one, so hopefully it'll return!

Quirkafleeg

>What are the Dreddcons like anyway?

Wonder round Oxford - Drink - Raffle - Drink - Curry - Sleep - Hangover - Drink - Queue for sketches - Drink - Panel - Drink - Pitchfest - Drink - Drink - Drink - Meal - Drink - Sleep - Hangover - Wonder round Oxford (cinema optional) - Go home.

Your experience many vary.

Buddy

I'll be dissapointe if there is no Dreddcon this year. I missed the last few due to financial strife but am now cash happy, and was looking forward to meeting up and talking crap with other borders, having a dring and talking crap, getting sketches and buying artwork while talking crap to artists.

If these is a 30th birthday bash I'll have to keep my diaryu free for that (next Feb isn't it?).

The sooner Tharg tell us what's goin' down the better so travel/accommodation plans can be made.

C'mon Tharg, Dreddcon/Birthday bash. One or other or both?

paulvonscott

If there is a 30th I'll try and make it this year, skintedness or preparing comics has kept me away from the last two, but shouldn't be a problem this time, I hopes.

DavidXBrunt

And I should be there. Have managed to save some money this year so I won't have to slap it on my credit card.

Robo-K33F

We are still in the process of deciding what to do for the 30th anniversary party; maybe another art exhibition event like Zarjaz!!

DreddCon may well be back on this year, although on much more of a smaller scale.  We may just hire out a pub and make it more of a social gathering.

Robo K33F

Wake

We may just hire out a pub and make it more of a social gathering.

Shedcon at the 3 Goats' Heads was very well attended last year. They might let us have the upstairs to ourselves.

Cheers,

Wake