Main Menu

I have bought 2000 ad for the first time in 22 years !

Started by PeterWolf, 11 June, 2007, 08:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

and a megazine as well.        This is to enjoy reading and to justify my existence here.      I   Will leave feedback to you all.    The  Dafoe story doesnt seem to have started yet.     Thats the one i am waiting for.
                                  I did actually buy one a few weeks ago but it was a false start.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Ochs

I started reading again in December after picking up a copy of Judge Dredd Complete Case Files 1. I'm already now a subscriber to 2000ad, The Meg and the Extreme Edition. I lost interest in the 90's when things were going pear shaped but I have to say I'm totally hooked again. Especially after reading all of the Nikolai Dante books and getting all of his back story.
Fear leads to doubt which leads to the worst case scenario.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Noisybast

Here's an idea: why not post your thoughts on the thread devoted to discussing that particular prog?

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=fan&page=messagethread&choice=20100&skipto=-1&Replies=44" target="_blank">Prog 1541 review thread

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Peter Wolf

This is a bit odd.    Yesterday i went into a newsagents and bought a 2000ad and a megazine.        When i got home i found that i had bought a christmas edition of 2000ad  that has a picture of tharg etc in a sled.    It says prog 2007 on it.   It is now june.      what is going on  ?       Exactly what prog no is it now ?    1541 i presume    .   I have only noticed it now upon looking.      I will have to go back and get the latest before i can review it.

The[megazine] Belardinelli tribute was excellent and a real insight into the artist.    It was inspiring to me as i have just started drawing myself and he explained how he started and how he developed as an artist.  Reading that inspires me to continue my art so much more, especially as he had it in the family a bit as well and watched his dad draw.

What a sweet guy.

Peter Wolf

Solved it.   The original first prog i bought was prog  1536.     Its now 1541.     Then why say  the christmas edition was prog  2007? just because it was the turn of the year.   A bit unnecessary and a bit misleading  as you said go to the prog 1541 review thread.      Makes sense now of course.     I just hope that 1541 is the beginning of Dafoe.   I have a feeling it is.

Funt Solo

New issues (or progs) of 2000AD (and the Megazine) are usually discussed in the SPOILERS section.  This is so that people can clearly avoid them if they wish to.  (Many of the readers are from overseas and don't want their thrills spoilt well in advance of receipt, for example.)

This section, EVENTS, is generally reserved for events such as a comic convention or other get-together of comic fans; more often specifically fans of 2000AD and the Megazine.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Noisybast

I dunno, Peter buying a prog after 22 years is an event of sorts. I had my ticket...

Peter Wolf

Thats why i chose "events" .It wasnt accidental.

Noisybast

I was being sarcatic. Unless more than 20 people gathered specifically to watch you buy it, you can rest assured it wasn't an Event.

If it wasn't the current prog you picked up, you should probably stop to consider how interested the rest of the board is going to be in hearing your thoughts on a comic they read over six months ago.

Why not pick up this week's prog and join in on the review thread? The water's lovely.

Peter Wolf

I was just sending myself up a bit by saying that.      It was a bit wierd buying a christmas edition.    It didnt register until later but at the time i thought it was a bit of a jump in price since last time  [prog 1536]  over twice the price !    I am signing off now but i will buy the latest shortly.       I didnt think anyone would be interested in xmas editions, apart from the fact it is now june.

Ochs

Wow it's friendly round here isn't it.
Fear leads to doubt which leads to the worst case scenario.

Richmond Clements

Noisybast

That wasn't unfriendly. That was direct with a hint of sarcasm. Unfriendly's been happening elsewhere.

You really should post here more often, Ochs.
You sound like you have an opinion to voice and a contribution to make.

Unless you just made your seventh post in four months solely to make that snarky remark, of course...

Peter Wolf

Bought it now and resisted the temptation to read it as i was working all day.