Main Menu

High Rise of the Robots! -- Megazine 261

Started by The Amstor Computer, 23 July, 2007, 06:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rio De Fideldo

Hi Pat.

Can I just say I'm a massive fan.

Werepire

Ahh, so many sad unfulfilled lives, so many ruts to get stuck in.  Because that's what so many of you seem to be, stuck in your own cosy ruts, esp re BOSIII - you love your formulaic strips, your safe stories.  Artwork on BOSIII is OUT THERE, you just haven't bothered to look at it properly.  That's art man, not just illustrating.  Check the detail, the action, the IMAGINATION for f*** sake.  And finally Dredd WITH a nose, who doesn't look like Kermit the Frog or some poor sod afflicted with cherubism (Google images, look it up).

Werepire

"Hi Pat.

Can I just say I'm a massive fan"

Ooo, hold on a minute, someone defended someone - must be the writer/artist themself.  Not this time mate, I don't think any of them would stoop to it to be honest....

Werepire

"Hi Pat.

Ooo, hold on a minute, someone defended someone - must be the writer/artist themself.  Not this time mate, I don't think any of them would stoop to it to be honest....

Werepire

"Hi Pat.

thinky

In YOUR face? That's rich after the self righteous vitriol and outright spite I've seen flung around by some of the pasty faced no lifers in this chat room. Maybe you should get out of HIS face. Or even just out of the house for a while

oh dear...

we're all entitled to an opinion, and i'm sure my comments were a lot less vitriolic than most posted previously (some admittedly by myself).

it's fair to say that Pat Mills has been targetted for abuse for some time now due to the perceived lack of quality of his scripts. i say perceived as one man's meat is another man's poison, but i've recently perceived them as being wholly not to my taste.

however, my post was more in sympathy to mike molcher for his excellent article having some amount of thunder taken away due to plenty of similar pat-centric text being present in the wonderful TPO

pat likes to talk himself up... you know in some ways he's got every right to - but then you can hear to much of that kind of stuff.

welcome to the board by the way. may your blood pressure even out once some of the more eloquent 'pasty no lifers' give you a pat on the back

thinky
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk

Werepire

"Hi Pat.

Werepire

"Hi Pat.

Werepire

"Hi Pat.

Werepire

"Hi Pat.

Werepire

"Hi Pat.

Steve Green

It sounds more like the other one off of alt.comics.2000ad.

paulvonscott

"some of the more eloquent 'pasty no lifers'"

That would be me then.  I enjoyed the article, and where I'd heard the same answers before it's just because I'd head the same questions before.

But I can vouch that from my limited exposure that Thinky is neither pasty or a no-lifer.

Werepire

Obviously he's one of my favourite writers, but seems to me he just answers the questions straight - maybe the interviewers need a different angle.  False self deprecation is such an English trait, I hate it.

I actually find him quite modest - Ever read Requiem?  Glorious. Storming the European market. Look it up.  Don't think I've heard/seen Pat mention it though.

Rio De Fideldo

More's the pity. I think it would help if we heard sometimes about what all the artists inc ,Pat and John, were trying to achieve with their work.

It may help to stop threads degenerating into name calling if everyone understood what each other points were. Surely all fans would be thrilled to ask creators questions face to face.

I'm aware that Pat has faced criticism in the past and has withdrawn from the interweb. Shame.