Main Menu

...PROG 1549, Mind-Shattering!..

Started by ARRISARRIS, 06 August, 2007, 08:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Goggans

philt

Haven't got my pog yet, but dear god both Gray Suit and Defoe are coming back? Why?

JamesC

Cliff Robinson needs to do more strip work. That was f**king beautiful.

Bolt-01

Seconded, absolutely stunning. I love cliff's work these days. His style is just delightful and his storytelling impeccable.

Bolt-01

Funt Solo

Postie: "I'm on strike."

Cosh: "Shut up! Cunt. You louse. You got some fuckin' neck. Strike? Fuck off, you're revolting.
Your fuckin' suntan, you're like leather. Like a leather man. You could make a fuckin' suitcase. You look like a fat crocodile, fat bastard. You look like fuckin' Idi Amin. State of you. You should be ashamed of yourself. Who d'you think you are? King of the castle? Cock of the walk? Oof! You think this is the Wheel of Fortune? You make your dough and fuck off? Thanks, Cosh. See you, Cosh. Off to Spain, Cosh. Fuck off, Cosh. Lie in your pool laughing at me, d'you think I'll have that? You think I'll have that, ya ponce? All right, I'll make it easy. God, you're fucking trying. Are you gonna do the job? It's not a difficult question. Yes or no?"

Postie: "Cosh..."

Cosh: "Say it."  

Postie: "No."

Cosh: "Yes. Fuck off, wanker, you're doin' it."
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Pete Wells

Got it today. Me thoughts:

Dredd: I really enjoyed this, particulalry how the last page mirrored the first. A great script with excellent (as ever) Robinson art. Coulda been a Wagner...

The rest: Goodbye (for a little while anyway) to bad rubbish.

I'm looking forward to next week's cover, that last page has me intrigued...

Mardroid

I've been pretty fortunate these last two weeks, I've found 2000AD on my mat every Monday.

Anyway...

Cover- Dramatic, but not really relevant to the story inside. Except perhaps in a metaphorical "He breaks through the barriers" way.

Judge Dredd- Nice one off story.
"QUIT HOWLING, CREEP, OR I'LL ADD NOISE POLLUTON TO JAYWALKING." Heh heh.

86ers- Finished before I expected, but it was a reasonable ending. Did anyone expect the Grendel to be defeated so easily though? Not that that's a bad thing, it added an element of humor. I wasn't keen on the whole "We reppelled the Nort raid" quick tie up though.

Greysuit- Not bad... but as others have said, why the sudden new character out of nowhere. Except to add a bit of love interest for the next story arc I suppose. Very hot girl though- the blue toned art does her justice. Overall I wasn't that fussed with this story and I'm in two minds about the story continuing. It did improve with time and this is an introductory arc though, so maybe it gets better.

Robohunter- again not too bad... although I can't help thinking her returning home is a bit of a plot hole (wouldn't the authorities go there?) And suddenly we finish this particular part of the arc? Seemed a bit short to me, but I don't dislike the strip like many seem to.

Defoe- Again a bit anticlimatic. Out of the two Mills strips I think I preferred this. It is equally as flawed in it's own way though mainly in it's lack of story exposition. I think the redeeming feature was it's just good period zombie mashing fun. Still not much resolution at the end however. I know they're setting up for the next arc, but it would have been nice to have been a bit more complete. Also at the end where Defoe is saved by Newton from hordes of zombies then suddenly... "Well the NEW MORAL ARMY had been defeated". When did that happen?

Still it was good fun nonsense.

Link: ,

tigermagee

I was a bit disappointed with Defoe - while it's continuing next year, the end of this arc seemed rushed.

They've had 10 issues of build up - then the zombie's are defeated by kicking Cromwells head off a pike.

A real anti-climax.

I, Cosh

I can actually begin to understand Ben Kingsley's level of mind-boggling frustration and headlong rush towards violence.

The postie's been today and still there's no Prog. I hesitate to say CUNTS, but I feel they've left me no option.
We never really die.

philt

Dredd was pretty good (okay it was fairly average) I'd kinda worked out that Dredd was going to end up shooting this guy from page two.

Of course in comparison to the unrelenting clobbers of the rest of the issue.

I'm sure there was a point in Pat Mills career when he understood the necessity for a story to have a beginning, a middle and an end, even stories which where part of some wider work. This is something that he has completely forgotten. At the moment we have Slaine so tied up in it's own convulted continuity to be incomprehensible. Savage mid way through some other book, Defoe starting another intermidable series of books, ditto with Graysuit. Obviously the worst is the ABC Warriors which reminds me of some old rock band with only two remaining original members out on a nostaglia tour playing the old hits one last time to pay the kids through school. Please make it stop.

Which brings me on to Robohunter. Why Tharg? Does Alan Grant have photo's of you doing something you shouldn't. This latest Robohunter thing is just painful. Mills is at least trying (but failing) to do something slightly different.

Rogue Trooper - I don't care. Rogue Trooper and his universe ceased being interesting the moment he caught the traitor general - which by my reckoning was about 20 years ago. And despite reboots, reimaginings, spin offs and multiple shark jumping later a version of it is still in 2000AD. Why?

This run of 2000AD is as bad as anyone I've seen in my time reading it.

Proudhuff

No Huff prog, still I will not use that ugly word for a beautiful thang!

Thrilless huff
DDT did a job on me

Satanist

Wahey, another week another prog before the subbies!

My bad!

Cover : Meh
Dredd :Heh
86ers : Meh
Greysuit : Meh & Heh
Slade : Bleuch!!!
Defoe : Heh & Meh

Next week : Hell Yeah!

Way too many to be continued for my liking. It isn't even giving us a full chapter, its like reading half a story for two months.

Oh and I agree, get Cliff on Dredd more often. His art was a joy to see.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Bad Andy

Where's my prog?! Got my Extreme Edition though, which is tiding me over.

Bad Andy

Aha- the good news is it's arrived and been devoured.

Dredd - pretty entertaining one off. Lovely art.
86ers - Who? What? Why? I think I've got where (most of the time). The problem with this ensemble cast is that to me they all look and sound the same.
Greysuit - started off terribly but the last couple of episodes were okay. I'm be more than happy not to see this every again though.
Robo-hunter - This story started alright, but went off at a tangent and is now in France. Shouldn't she be getting revenge on the Five of Spades first? Laughed at the sidekick traps though.
Defoe - completely mental and readable but where was the real story arc in these 10 episodes? Did he kill Jack? Did he kill Cromwell? When did the army get defeated considering Defoe legged it? Would be more than happy to see this again.

Next week - Stone Island 2? Ugh.

Funt Solo

Stone Island 2?

Le chemin de ma vie est répandu avec la merde de vache du propre troupeau satanique du diable!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++