Main Menu

judge dredd the movie news

Started by Thread Zero, 23 October, 2001, 06:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Personally, I still don't understand why they're doing two movies, unless they're both going straight to video. Surely, they should pool their resources, and make one decent film? Also, I sincerely hope the synopsis for the first film has totally changed, as it's pretty much the same as the Stallone film. If Dredd loses faith in the system, no-one will care. It was a shock after *several years* of law enforcement in 2000 AD, but no-one will care after 20 minutes of cinema "action". I still say start with some general Dredd head-busting, thendo the original Death story, and maybe mix it in with the Four Judges arc in the last act.

Dudley

So, it looks like no actual news on whether Shoreline are actually doing anything with this.

Which leads to a further question: have they paid for exclusive movie rights?  Could Rebellion sell rights to another company?  Or anime rights or TV rights, for that matter?  After all, Buffy the Vampire Layer was a terrible film but a great TV show.  And the Beeb's digging out Dr Who again...

Krustabi

Will we see a Judge Dredd animated serires in the vein of X-men evolution? I sure do hope so

Wake

I could reassign all messages in the database which are appear to be from you but have 'scojo' in the message body. Would that do?

Wake

Oddboy

Bone Machine - it may be better just to re-register using a slightly different user name - like "BoneMachine" (no spaces)?
Better set your phaser to stun.

Will I. Cooling

The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.

Thread Zero

'I could reassign all messages in the database which are appear to be from you but have 'scojo' in the message body. Would that do?'

Would they be deleted, or archived somewhere?  Only people still seem interested in reading them.

I have in my power to erase Scojo from history - do I have the right?

Wake

Thread Zero

Do it, then - he seems to have signed most of his stuff, anyway.

Thanks, Wake.