Main Menu

Tell us Rebellion, is this Dredd movie deal for real.Mk 13, do you know?

Started by Thread Zero, 23 October, 2001, 06:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thread Zero

I am suspicious of the new Dredd movie deal.

I think it is best to wait for Rebellion to tell us officially.

Also are the films going to be live action cinema releases or low budget made for television?

I ask because the poor box office return of the original Dredd movie would surely question any film company's interest in funding a new movie.

In Hollywood the buck is god you see!

I hope I am wrong and that we do see a proper Dredd film.
Ideally with Wagner writing the original draft.

scojo the cynic

Matt

Logans email got me quite interested in the film company producing the 2 new Dredd films so i decided to pay it a visit. H'mmm...I've not heard of a single one of the films on its website or many of the actors that starred in them. I think Billy Dee Williams is the biggest name in them! Judging by the obscurity of the titles in Shorelines portfolio, I think the new films (if they are ever made) might just be straight to video releases.

Anyway who needs a new Dredd movie when we've got Wagners current masterpiece shaping up in 2Kad. What does everyone else make of it?

Thread Zero

Oh dear Matt!

Doesn't sound promising.

I think to do the Dredd films justice we are talking over a 100 to 150 million dollar budget here for the two movies.

And that is with or without a so called star in the lead.

How can you make the films on a small budget?

Answers please to....

As for latest Dredd, interesting but I can see a slight plot flaw already emerging!

After the Justice killer landed and was shot at, why did he leap away? His target was Dredd.
Seems cowardly to me. He is supposed to be a tough nut to crack after all.

Oh well...maybe I am being too critical!
I guess he is going to lure Dredd into a spot and kill him.

scojo