Main Menu

The Complete Ace Trucking Co.

Started by Ace Garp 1969, 25 September, 2008, 04:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace Garp 1969

My copy arrived from Amazon yesterday, so this is just a quick review-ette - I've only sat and read a few pages.
I LOVE the front and rear covers. I think this is the best looking of the Rebellion 'phone book' releases so far. Top marks to Simon Parr! Belardinelli's art looks even better on crisp white paper, even at the slightly smaller size. Of course, as a huge 'Ace Trucking' fan, I think the stories still read great. The colour story from the 1986 annual is reprinted in grey-scale, which looks.... okay.
Overall I'm VERY pleased, and this book will be read MANY times.

TordelBack

If this is in the shops today, I may have to skive off work for the afternoon...

IndigoPrime

Argh! Now I'm even more eager to get my mitts on this, but my copy's still not here. And, yeah, the cover looks gorgeous in digital form, so I'm sure it'll look great in the flesh. As for the annual story, at least it's in there. With Belardinelli's painterly style, it was clear from the get-go that it would be compromised, but I added it to the list of stories I sent Jon anyway. If a second volume happens, I guess the coda will be printed in a similar manner. (Adding colour to these books would likely see the price shoot up to scary levels, or the page count drop, meaning a third volume would be required to finish the series.)

*sits by letterbox*

Dark Jimbo

It's times like these that I miss Amstor's review threads.
@jamesfeistdraws

radiator

Any word on the new Strontium Dog book?

Dan Kelly

Unfortunately this hadn't made my LCS today.

That means that at least I have time to read Book 12 of 100 bullets...

IndigoPrime

Quote from: "Dark Jimbo"It's times like these that I miss Amstor's review threads.
Likewise. However, if you want a third-party opinion, I run reviews of many of the trades on my blog, Revert to Saved. I'm a bit behind at the mo', though (I most recently did the Anderson book, and Horned God's on its way next week).

paulvonscott

IndigoPrime

Assuming it's not changed since the version Jon sent me:

Buddy

Belardinelli did fantastic work on Ace Trucking and lets not forget Ian Gibson also put in some great work too.

Might just pick this up.

IndigoPrime

Do it! The more people that buy this volume, the more chance the second one (which would complete the run) will be released!

TordelBack

Grrr, no bolin' down the mainlane for me today, eyeballin' Dublin's two in-skin comics shops and several bookshops left me blubbed out and sucking vac.

Ignatzmonster

Want this sooo bad. Peak Bellardinelli and Peak Grant. Wonder when it's coming out stateside.

I, Cosh

Gah! Been looking forward to this all month. Nothing in FP this evening and I'm off on holiday tomorrow.

Definite no hee hee.
We never really die.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: "IndigoPrime"Assuming it's not changed since the version Jon sent me

Ooh. D'you think that's supposed to be Courier on the "Complete" line ...?

Cheers!

Jim

PS - I used to use Courier just to fuck with repro departments. A lot.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.