Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Thanks again everyone.  There's no such thing as feeble words here, Tjm, nothing anyone can say will fix my friend but every positive sentiment is a reminder of how much good there still is in the world. We forget that sometimes as the media generally focusses on the bad stuff.

I and two of his other friends spent the day with him, his wife and his mother today - he slept for most of the time and was incapable of conversation during his few minutes awake. It was a nice day despite everything; those of us who he'll leave behind are closer to one another because of it all.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Cyberleader2000

sorry for not posting in awhile but I kind of need to vent there's a lot of stuff going on online with one of my best-deceased friend today his collection is being sorted after 2 years and posts about it are going up so I'm kind of all over the place got hit really hard when I noticed a few items in the photos that I helped him find.
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

The Legendary Shark

Sounds like a tough time for you, Cybes. Nothing I can say will make it any easier but we're here for you - so vent away.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tjm86

Hey, go for broke pal.  So long as you don't say anything to upset Pat Mills you're fine!   ;)

Theblazeuk

My wife just got told she is being made redundant later this year.

She's quite ill most of the time due to Lyme disease and a bad reaction to ciprofloxacin which has damaged her tendons for months. Only been able to work for so long because she could work from home in this job. I can't see how she can possibly manage to work anywhere else. If she could just get better but life just seems to keep destroying her health no matter what we do.

She's just been told she needs a crown fitted after spending £1000 on root canals because NHS dentists kept fucking up her teeth. So that's another £1000. And we're still paying off her dental implant.

And tonight we're going to spend £129 on an ultrasound scan because she has been bloated with ovary pain for 2 weeks. Which are worrying symptoms with too many similarities to cancer. I can't wait the month or whatever it will take for the NHS appointment so private it is.

No way we can afford the rent here on one salary. And this is as cheap as London gets.

The Legendary Shark

Jeez, Blaze - that's a lot to be dealing with. I wish there was something I could do to help.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Jesus. That's rough, to say the least. I'll be thinking of you, Blaze
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Ah feck, that's all just awful TheBlaze.  My sincerest hopes that things improve for your family, or at least aren't as grim as they seem now.

staticgirl

That's awful Blaze. You and your wife have my sympathies.

Proudhuff

That is a lot to deal with, hope you both come through it and come through together.
DDT did a job on me

Dandontdare

Fuck, that's a whole lot of crap to deal with at once. Wish I could offer something more practical than supportive thoughts.

Tjm86

Ditto pal.  If there is anything we can do then please shout out.  In the meantime hang on to the fact that loads of folks are here for you if you need it.

The Legendary Shark

Absolutely. I had one of the old Titan Halo Jones books signed by Alan Moore and Ian Gibson - I'd be more than happy to dig that out (provided it's survived being shedded for so long) for auction towards the medical bills. It would be nice to see some good come of it rather than just wasting away.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Theblazeuk

Thanks everyone.

Sharks, thanks :) It won't come to that as worse comes to worse (financially... at least. Don't have anything to care about if the scans don't come back ok I guess) I can just become another 'millenial' and move back into the parent's house because there's no way to live on a single full-time wage even when you're above the average salary, and then all the money will go on the wife's bills. Guess that's just me not pulling myself up by bootstraps.

The Legendary Shark

Anything I can do, Blaze, just shout - the offer stands as long as I do.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]