Main Menu

100 Greatest Games Of All Time

Started by Goaty, 29 May, 2009, 07:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Nah. He's right about Jet Set Willy. I never liked it and trying to figure out the right password with a black and white photocopy of the real sheet was a mug's game.

The thing that always annoys me about these lists is the total blanking of the arcades. There never has been and never will be a computer game as utterly perfect as R-Type.
We never really die.

Peter Wolf

I dont know who specifically compiles these lists but i think i can guess their age demographic by their choices of games.

They probably arent old enough to have played games like Defender or Robotron in arcades so their experience of gaming was playing at home on their shitty little Nintendos and PCs instead and its sour grapes which is why they blank out an entire generation of games.

Empire Magazine.

They do this every year .

:lol:
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Judge Man

Well, honestly, no doubt that Super Mario World is on the top. It's one of the most played games even in the earlier times of gaming. And close on the 2nd place is Final Fantasy VII. It's the best FF game around :)

vzzbux

Manic miner for the speccy. Eugene's lair always used to frustrate me.
Cant forget Starquake. first game I properly completed without pokes or cheats.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Dr Feeley Good

I loved the Hobbit on the C64,one of my all time favorite games ! i never finished it though , i too killed Smaug the dragon but kept getting killed in Mirkwood on my way home !

Judge Man

Quote from: "SteveMillar"I loved the Hobbit on the C64,one of my all time favorite games ! i never finished it though , i too killed Smaug the dragon but kept getting killed in Mirkwood on my way home !
Is it a game based off Lord of the Rings? :?

TordelBack

Having noted that Elite wasn't in the top ten, I judged that it was not my kind of list and stopped reading.

Judge Man

Quote from: "TordelBack"Having noted that Elite wasn't in the top ten, I judged that it was not my kind of list and stopped reading.
What kind of game is Elite? An FPS? :?

TordelBack

Ahh, the youth of today...  Never to know the responsive roll of a Cobra Mk II, the welcome screech of an ECM, to experience the joy of running 30 tons of computers into a Tech Level 2 Anarchy, and to finally (FINALLY) buy that bloody Docking Computer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_(computer_game)

SamuelAWilkinson

Cobra Mark III, you charlatan!

Even if you were playing the sequel(s), you could never fly a Cobra Mark II because, if memory serves, they didn't exist. Some fault with the prototype, or such.

Rumour has it that Elite 4 is due in the next few years. Criminy.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

TordelBack

Au contraire, mon frere:

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Cobra_ ... 8Oolite%29

Yeah, yeah, it's a mod for the awesome time-vortex that is Oolite, and I'm wriggling before your infinitely superior memory...

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Judge Man

Quote from: "TordelBack"Ahh, the youth of today...  Never to know the responsive roll of a Cobra Mk II, the welcome screech of an ECM, to experience the joy of running 30 tons of computers into a Tech Level 2 Anarchy, and to finally (FINALLY) buy that bloody Docking Computer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_(computer_game)
Oh. That's it. Thanks for the info.
Honestly, this is only the first time I have heard this game. And as far as I read, it was released on 1984 so I didn't knew it. I was born in 1988.

TheEdge

"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

Keef Monkey