Main Menu

New 2000AD Covers Blog

Started by Pete Wells, 06 July, 2009, 06:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Yeah, the Smith/Ezquerra one is fascinating!  A good idea becomes a great (even powerful) image with just a few subtle changes.

Pete Wells

Yeah, isn't Pye-01 the current Robin Smith? Superdroid D'Israeli (once again) writes a wonderful piece about cover design and the role of Tharg and the editorial staff in the whole process - I feel a bit guilty for ribbing them in my blog now!

You can read it here: http://disraeli-demon.blogspot.com/2009/04/lowlife-creation-part-eight-cover-its.html

Pete Wells

Hey Mikegloady, thanks for those really kind words! I've done a white space/SB Davis themed update today (address below.)

Pete Wells

This week's Nick Percival cover (and the cover that inspired) are up un the blog.

James Stacey

Once, long ago I made the promise to myself that I would never follow blogs as they are teh sux. You have changed this view Pete. Good stuff. Keep up the good work.

Large48

Tried leaving a comment but it didn't seem to work............ :(
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Pete Wells

Cheers James! I got a VERY exciting email yesterday which hopefully means that the blog will always be up to date with the current cover!

Hey Large, have you tried commenting with a google account?

Large48

Tried with my Google (Blogger?) account but didn't seem to want to let me in :-(

It's the collectors competition ah tell ya!!!!!

LOL

So Mark bought that superhero chin cover before I could get back to it.... :-(
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Pete Wells

Ha Large! You were beaten by my Rival Collector Filter! Sorry mate, it's just a bog standard blog so I can't think why it's giving you so much hassle...

I just updated it by the way with some beautiful Karl Richardson covers - bloody lovely!

Pete Wells

All of Jon Davis-Hunt's covers are up as of today!

Pete Wells

Sorry for cross posting but this week's superb cover (Prog 1649), along with roughs, pencils and an insight into the thoughts behind it's creation are up on my covers blog - cheers to Pye-01 for supporting the blog!

happygoliam

Brilliant, I went on you're blogspot, some brilliant material there. Good stuff.
A horse! A HORSE! My kingdom for a horse!

Pete Wells

Cheers fella - nice avatar by the way!

Pete Wells

Nice big Carl Critchlow flavoured update today folks!

Link: http://2000adcovers.blogspot.com/

SuperSurfer

That Carl Critchlow update is awesome. Just look at those sketches. Amazing.