Main Menu

New 2000AD Covers Blog

Started by Pete Wells, 06 July, 2009, 06:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Being a HUGE 2000AD fan and collector of it's artwork I get a thrill from seeing covers and artwork in their original state. You know, before Tharg gets his fat Betelgeusian fingers on them and covers 'em up with logos, barcodes, titles and the like.

I've decided to write a blog where I can upload as many logoless covers as I can get my hands on so we can see the artists' original visions without all the other gubbins cluttering up the page. I'll also upload work in progress and uncoloured stuff too if relevant.

Along the way I'll upload uncoloured artwork from earlier progs though unfortunately these will have logos and text glued onto 'em. Sorry folks, nothing we can do about that!

Thanks to all artists and collectors who's sites I'm gonna plunder to get these images - all will be credited where possible, honest guvnor! I'll also tag artist, characters and prog numbers to aid navigation on the blog.

Hope you enjoy it!

All characters/images are copyright of Rebellion, the best thing to happen to 2000AD in years!

Dr Feeley Good

Look forward to seeing it Pete,Plunder away !

Pete Wells

Ha! Would it have helped if I'd put the link? It's here:

//http://2000adcovers.blogspot.com/

LARF

Pete - I've got the original artwork for Prog 2004, plus the first cover Carlos did when he came back to Rebellion - would you like me to send you some pics? PM me.

Pete Wells

That's brilliant Larf, thanks a million! This is exactly how I hoped the blog would go, loads of great people sharing stuff. So yeah Steve, I'll be plundering your CAF gallery too!

Thanks again lads!

Dr Feeley Good

Just had a look at your blog Pete .....Very nice !

Dr Feeley Good

By the way Pete whats happened to your avatar on the 2000ad forums ? it just shows up as a red cross and says use avatar !

Richmond Clements

Nice one, Pete!

We've got the original art for the Kingdom cover that was on the GN- drop a line if you want a scan.

Colin YNWA

Looking good there Pete. Will look at it in more depth as the days pass.

This made me wonder when they stopped physically pasting the logo onto the original artwork? Does anybody know???

Grant Goggans

Great work, Pete.  You've found some lovely stuff!

Kerrin

Top work there Pete. You've unearthed some real treats.

bluemeanie

Really nice stuff.... and the Biz one just became the latest desktop wallpaper

Mike Gloady

Great idea, great blog.  Just enough detail to illuminate without overwhelming.  Very sweet.

And now I've SEEN the black and white versions, it makes you realise how damn good some of the art is.  

I may now attempt "colouring in" Henry Flint's iconic 50 year man cover.  Got my crayons.... tum te tum.... happy happy
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Pete Wells

Go for it Mike - I know I've said it a million times but I own the original artwork for that Henry Flint 50 Year Man cover, it hangs above my desk and I still grin every time I look at it!

As for the Biz, Bluemeanie, here is an alternate version of the Judgment on Gotham cover - not a fraction as good as the published version in my view!

LARF

Pete you got mail on the email link from your website.