Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

Yes, good news StaticGirl and thanks for the tips Trout. All good points.

I had an interview yesterday as it happens. (The one I turned up for a week early, that I waffled about earlier. I might have gone home and had a few meals and showers since then.) I'm not convinced it went that well  - it was a competency based interview with "Can you give us an example when..." instructions, and I'm not very good at them, even when I prepare properly* - but we'll see. I didn't outright lie, but I think I bent the truth a bit in cases, divulged too much information in other cases and probably not enough in others. Often, I couldn't think of a good answer. It could have been a lot worse though.

It's simple enough work in a warehouse, so I'm sure I can do the job, (I've even done warehouse work previously for an agency without an interview!) but at they're interviewing a lot of people, I guess they'll fall back on these interviews when making their selection.

Concerning the one day job - I recently had a bit more of an issue with that with the agency asking me for my timesheet. (As I only went in, one day, I never got my manager there to sign it. They informed me that was okay, they would send the required information to the agency... which they delayed doing.)  Yesterday it got resolved when the agency finally got the timesheet from the company.

The payroll folks at the agency informed me that the company had given them incorrect hours (6 1/2 instead of 71/2) in a previous email, so I'll be paid less this week, but the latest timesheet sent has the correct hours. So one hours pay next week then. Heh.

I'm not too fussed by that as at least it's coming. I had a nice surprise too - according to the payslip I'm getting 50 pence an hour more than I was originally quoted. It doesn't pay me back the amount I spent on a weekly ticket, but it's nice, just the same.

*And I probably didn't to be honest. I was still feeling a bit cross and pessimistic after last week's job issue, and instead of spurring me on to try harder I find myself thinking... why bother, I'll fail anyway. Not the right attitude, I know. I'll snap out of it.

staticgirl

You'd be forgiven for feeling a bit down after that palaver.

Tiplodocus

Ow! My knee hurts. And it's keeping me from running which rapidly became my new addiction.

It is this new addiction causing the knee to hurt and I am fixing this with the help of a Physio but I overdid it yesterday in the garden. So, Ow! again.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Dandontdare

Ouch, gotta be careful with knees, they're complex and painful buggers.

I'm fed up because I've been wearing my new dentures for a week and a bit and they're horrible. I look better, but eating with a big lump of plastic in my mouth is just horrible, and my palate is constantly dry. Dentist says I'll get used to it "in a few weeks" but I can't see it happening.

The Legendary Shark

Ouch and eww.

I've had no work for just over two months now and am coming to the ragged end of my savings. It was a similar story last year but not nearly as bad.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Proudhuff

Good luck chaps, all three of you make my grumpy for no reason... well, unreasonable.
DDT did a job on me

The Legendary Shark

Thanks, Huffy. You may be grumpy but at least you're a grumpy prince.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Cyberleader2000

I hate being up this early normally I wake now then go back to sleep but I just saw the most massive spider in my room now I love spiders their amazing creatures but I don't like them in my room so I had to go catch it but the fucker ran behind the border took me 15 minutes to get it to run back out so I could catch it so now I'm fully awake and I have no clue what to do for the next 3 hours.
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Supreme Pizza Of The DPRK

Quote from: Cyberleader2000 on 20 April, 2017, 06:34:00 AM
I hate being up this early normally I wake now then go back to sleep but I just saw the most massive spider in my room

Speaking of spiders, whatever happened to spiders in the bath? Used to get them all the time when I was a kid. I haven't seen a spider in the bath since the 90's.

The Legendary Shark

They've learned how to use wet-wipes instead...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Theblazeuk

Hawkmumbler

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

Flight from Jersey to Manchester has been delayed by an hour. Bollocks.